AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Connect/Disconnect

Lately I have noticed that my Blackberry Pearl 8100 keeps connecting and then disconnecting over and over to my Z2. The phone is in my lap or in my pocket and the BT module is mounted under the steering wheel under the plastic plate, so literally maybe 18" max away. Whats the deal?

We had the same problem with our first phone... worked perfectly for 2 months... then reset the entire AVIC and worked fine for about 3-4 weeks then again the connection/disconnecting. We tried a 2nd phone that is listed as compatible did almost the exact same thing there...

Then we purchased the BB Pearl 8100... worked fine no hitches for about 4 weeks, then the same crap. Finally sent the unit in to Pioneer for repair... firmware update was done and it did NOTHING.

Good Luck as I suspect there is something more happening here that Pioneer is not even aware about.

Even when I try to delete the device on the phone, and rematch it to the AVIC, there are times where the phone displays that there was no device found.

We had the same problem with our first phone... worked perfectly for 2 months... then reset the entire AVIC and worked fine for about 3-4 weeks then again the connection/disconnecting. We tried a 2nd phone that is listed as compatible did almost the exact same thing there...

Then we purchased the BB Pearl 8100... worked fine no hitches for about 4 weeks, then the same crap. Finally sent the unit in to Pioneer for repair... firmware update was done and it did NOTHING.

Good Luck as I suspect there is something more happening here that Pioneer is not even aware about.

Even when I try to delete the device on the phone, and rematch it to the AVIC, there are times where the phone displays that there was no device found.

I think I will COMPLETELY reset the Z2 to factory. 100%

AND I think I will flow away my Blackberry and re-load the latest handheld software.

We'll see.

This has just started happening to me. How do you reload the Blackberry handset software? Is this a download from the Blackberry website?

Your provider

i.e. my.t-mobile.com has it for my 8100

contact them for more info