AVIC411.com

Hi everyone,

I have had an AVH-4200NEX running my car for about six months now. I never really used the HDRadio with all the other source options. 

On a whim the other day I switched to FM to discover that I can get all my local stations, but they only come in as analog. None of them switch to digital. I live in the SF Bay Area so reception isnt a problem - something else is going on. The car is a 2005 Audi S4, which has an amplified antenna. But Im assuming if the amplifier wasnt working I wouldnt be getting the analog reception in the first place.

What else could be happening here that is keeping my unit from grabbing the digital signals?

Thanks.

Hi Gmark,

I am no expert, however I think your problem could be with that amplified antenna. If you could get you hands on a cheap non-amped antenna, and try that - it may work.

My NEX is analog most of the time because I don't live near the city or the towers. It is so annoying because it will start to switch to digital for a few seconds, come in clear, and then go out and back to analog. I have looked and asked if there was a way to just keep it from automatically  switching, and it seems there isn't. So if there is no way to keep it from switching in and out of digital and just keep it on analog, then there is no setting that you are missing that your unit somehow has digital turned off. This is why I am leaning towards it being that amplified antenna that is preventing the unit from switching over to the digital signal.

You should be able to pick up regular antenna in bone yard, or try Rock Auto. Worth $20 to find out for sure!

Chris