AVIC411.com

'06 Jetta - self install

I installed a D3 in a '06 Jetta, many thanks to this forum, I learned a lot here. I used a standard wiring harness instead of a CAN-BUS adapter, such as the CARP. The only thing that doesn't work is the Retained Power Accessory function, but I can live without that.

I used the Metra dash kit, but I'm not impressed with it. The Double-DIN side panels came unsnapped when inserting the unit into the dash, so I'll probably replace it with the Scosche.

Good to hear. If you find you want 12v switched, just tap off the 12v cigarette lighter. Also, for illumination, I take it you tapped off the headlight switch? The illumination can also be tapped off of the cigarette lighter as it has a red light right around the base of it that goes on with the headlights/interior lights. As for not having speed pulse hooked up, hopefully that works out for you. Unless you were lucky enough to have the speed pulse behind the speedo cluster (No speed pulse wires for some 06s and all 07s). Post pics too!

Good to hear. If you find you want 12v switched, just tap off the 12v cigarette lighter. Also, for illumination, I take it you tapped off the headlight switch? The illumination can also be tapped off of the cigarette lighter as it has a red light right around the base of it that goes on with the headlights/interior lights. As for not having speed pulse hooked up, hopefully that works out for you. Unless you were lucky enough to have the speed pulse behind the speedo cluster (No speed pulse wires for some 06s and all 07s). Post pics too!

I wonder if the Jetta is similar to the Audi A4. I didn't have the speed pulse behind the cluster, but instead I had to tap in to the ABS wire which is right down by the fuse box.