AVIC411.com

Hello all need a little help got z140bh and few months ago all the buttons in my bt screen greyed out. I call Pioneer they tell me to try the update and if that doesn't work I can send it in for 200$ and they will fix it. I did the update first part went fine then I moved to the bt update after a few minutes of fails. When I go into the service info screen and touch the top left to get all the info to show next to the bt firmware it's all ................ Next to it. When I call Pioneer and ask them if the can send me the origanl firmware for the bt they tell me no and to send it in for service. So is there a way to put the original bt  firmware on the unit and does anyone have it. Thanks in advance for the help 

1 hour ago, Puda said:

Hello all need a little help got z140bh and few months ago all the buttons in my bt screen greyed out. I call Pioneer they tell me to try the update and if that doesn't work I can send it in for 200$ and they will fix it. I did the update first part went fine then I moved to the bt update after a few minutes of fails. When I go into the service info screen and touch the top left to get all the info to show next to the bt firmware it's all ................ Next to it. When I call Pioneer and ask them if the can send me the origanl firmware for the bt they tell me no and to send it in for service. So is there a way to put the original bt  firmware on the unit and does anyone have it. Thanks in advance for the help 

What version map software are you running? You don't want the original  (Z140) BT firmware.  If you can't install the update you won't be able to re-install the original. Best to figure out the problem. You need to run the version that goes with your current applications. You never said exactly what the problem was installing the update. What happens if you try again? Try a different SD? Reformat (full not quick) FAT32. Don't use a huge sd - less than 16 GB. BTW, all you need on the SD is the FIRMWARE folder & contents. If you don't have the parking brake by-passed, set your parking brake, then go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings and make sure Bluetooth is set to On.  The try Firmware Update. What version does it say there?

I updated to the firmware on pioneers site without the map update 8.05 i believe that went on fine. When I moved to the blue tooth update it just says update has failed try again nothing else not sure what firm were was on it because I never had to check before our of the blue one day my bt just stopped working for no reason I can tap on the bt icon but when the settings screen comes up everything is greyed out and no buttons will respond which led me to following pioneers advise when I called them back and told them that there are just dots next to the bt firmware they said you won't be able to install the update because you don't have any by firmware on the unit now and send it in for service which I think is bs and I think they just made my issue worse

I have exactly the same problem on my f30bt. I managed to update the BT firmware via the supertestmode though but it did not solve the issue for me. It seems that some settings in the application software are messed up. It might have to do with the file in \SETUP\BT\BTUNIT.DAT . Can anyone provide a copy of this file from a working unit?

Anyway, if you want to try to update the BT firmware via supertestmode, just put the 3 files that are contained in the latest map update in \FIRMWARE\BT on an SD-card in the folder \AVICZ110\BLUETOOTH and select update bluetooth firmware from the "forced firmware write" submenu in the supertestmode. Use the paths exactly as given even if you don't have an avic Z110.

With the supertestmode you can also check if your BT module is working. Just go into the "Tel test" submenu. Here you can open and init the connection to the module and pair with your phone. Once paired you can dial a phone number from this menu. My BT module works fine this way. Also the BT firmware update was successful, but in the BT settings most items are still greyed-out. So it definitely must be a problem of the Pioneer application SW and not of the Parrot bluetooth firmware.