AVIC411.com

X930bt stay stuck in splash screen

Hello, I have a huge issue, I have a Avic x930bt, it happened out of the clear blue I started my car up and it wouldn't boot up. All I would get is the Pioneer splash screen and it stays there, I tried to download the update for the firmware and put it in but it did not work. Now I am trying to just go back to the original 3.00 firmware but I don't know how to get it and reinstall it so it can work again. Does anyone have any ideas on how this works and can help? Very much appreciate it skip.

13 hours ago, jazzym3 said:

Hello, I have a huge issue, I have a Avic x930bt, it happened out of the clear blue I started my car up and it wouldn't boot up. All I would get is the Pioneer splash screen and it stays there, I tried to download the update for the firmware and put it in but it did not work. Now I am trying to just go back to the original 3.00 firmware but I don't know how to get it and reinstall it so it can work again. Does anyone have any ideas on how this works and can help? Very much appreciate it skip.

What update and what happened when you tried to install it?   Did it do nothing?

Have you tried TestMode?   BTW, I see no point in installing v3.x software. If it happened out-of-the-blue then It sounds like a hardware problem.

43 minutes ago, jazzym3 said:

i tried to install firmware 3.002 but it wouldn't work, all i keep getting is the splash screen.

So Testmode booted and you saw the menu? That's really all I wanted to know for now.  That says your unit isn't totally bricked. There's some Youtube videos on TestMode but the operation is different between the X and Z series (different buttons). You probably won't need it anyway.

If your unit already has 3.x on it, it won't do anything. So I'd try installing the 2017 maps/app. It is in the Z series sub-forum. First read and Install the shortfuse hack. That prepares the unit for the map installation. BTW - Z and X series use the same update. Good luck - you've got a lot of reading to do.

10 hours ago, jazzym3 said:

My apologies, what I meant to say was I found the shortfuse hack post but the actual WinZip file that's supposed to be attached didn't work, I was wondering to see if you could send the link for that for me to download?

I don't know why some people have trouble getting that file. I can download it. I even reposted it here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83535-map-update-hack-using-shortfuse-method-z110-z140x920-x940/&do=findComment&comment=347222