AVIC411.com
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewFromIdaho

8200 Intermittent Backup Camera Not Working

I've got a weird backup camera issue with my 8200. 

Everything was professionally installed, and generally works well, but my backup camera only works intermittently. 

When I put the vehicle into reverse, the head unit will change to the reverse camera view, but about 50% of the time, it'll be a blank screen, and 50% of the time it'll be the camera feed. 

Sometimes while I'm backing up, the screen will either switch from the feed to a blank screen, or from a blank screen back to the feed.   Other times, it'll stay blank the entire time I'm backing up, or show the feed the entire time I'm backing up. 

The troubleshooting I've done so far is: 

• Disabling and removing the front camera (in case that was somehow interfering) 
  • Updating the unit's firmware
  • Checking the wiring from the rear camera to the headunit for loose connections

Anything else I should try? 

On 4/3/2018 at 2:17 PM, AndrewFromIdaho said:

I've got a weird backup camera issue with my 8200. 

Everything was professionally installed, and generally works well, but my backup camera only works intermittently. 

When I put the vehicle into reverse, the head unit will change to the reverse camera view, but about 50% of the time, it'll be a blank screen, and 50% of the time it'll be the camera feed. 

Sometimes while I'm backing up, the screen will either switch from the feed to a blank screen, or from a blank screen back to the feed.   Other times, it'll stay blank the entire time I'm backing up, or show the feed the entire time I'm backing up. 

The troubleshooting I've done so far is: 

• Disabling and removing the front camera (in case that was somehow interfering) 
  • Updating the unit's firmware
  • Checking the wiring from the rear camera to the headunit for loose connections

Anything else I should try? 

Im having the same problem. Im using the maestro rr. I have the Pioneer cam set as the front cam and the kenwood from my previous install as the backup cam.

Everytime i goto settings camera view is set to off. Not sure if this is normal or if that setting does something else. Im gonna refer to the downloaded PDF of the owners manual and see if im doing something wrong.

This is my first Pioneer head unit as i have always been a Kenwood guy. So far I am wickedly impressed with the Pioneer and cant believe how shitty the Kenwood dnx9990hd was compared to this 8200nex.

I have an 8100 NEX and have the same exact issue. In fact, sometimes the camera comes on and never shuts off and I have to turn the car off and back on to reboot the unit and fix it.