AVIC411.com

[F88DAB/NEX8200] Update maps

Hello everyone,

I recently get the unit F88DAB and I would basically like to update the maps of the navigation system.

Before starting with that (and after reading some topics from this site), I would like to confirm that these are the steps I have to follow:

1. Nowadays I have v1.07 installed in the unit. I read that this version is not compatible with the old keys and therefore "test mode" is not available.
    Has this scenario changed or should I downgrade to v1.04 (the previous available version according to Pioneer)?
  2. Once I have the correct version, I guess I have to follow the instructions coming from this page:From this page, I think I have to download this concrete .rar file:

x200(AVIC-x200NEX/AVIC-Fx8x )  FW 1.00/1.02/1.07 - iGO ber: 9.18.28.624842

Interesting here is that this text says FW v1.07 and the instructions described on the same page says:

Your device will reboot into testmode.

However (and based on step 1), it seems that v1.07 is not working properly.

Could someone confirm this and clarify this point?

3. Then I should download the set of maps. Here I have the following doubts:
    1. According to my unit, I have 2017.Q1 maps, but I do not know if they are coming from NavTeq or TomTom. Are both compatible with the unit?
    2. If I use Naviextras to download the latest available maps, I can buy 2017.Q3. However, on sites like gpspower it seems there are newer versions

-iGO R3 HERE [NAVTEQ] 2017.Q4 EUROPE -
      https://www.gpspower.net/igo-maps/348038-igo-r3-here-navteq-2017-q4-europe.html

-iGO R3 TomTom [TeleAtlas] 2017.12 EUROPE -
      https://www.gpspower.net/igo-maps/348148-igo-r3-tomtom-teleatlas-2017-12-europe.html

Are these set of maps compatible with the unit, even though Pioneer is saying the the latest available version is 2017.Q3?
    3. Speaking about NavTeq and TomTom, any preference?
  4. Once I have the correct set of maps, the last step should be to install them in the unit. Perhaps there is some kind of manual available in the site, but I was not able to find it :(.
    Could someone explain how to install the maps properly in the unit?

Hope all open questions across this topic are clear :) because I would not like to brick my unit with a failure installation.

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Hi,

If you are not sure about the procedures, I have seen map packs being sold on eBay for a small amount of money that should come with all the instructions.

2017.Q4 is the latest edition of maps so far, Naviextras seems to be on a half-year update cycle.

To go in to the test mode with the newer firmware you need a new file with a fruity name. The patch installation should then proceed as described in the original archive you got. For all the operations you need to use USB1 port of the headunit.

To install the new maps you need additional copy script files. First you copy the existing files from the headunit to a USB stick to get the folder structure etc. and then replace the maps on the stick with a newer version. Once that is done you use the second copy script which copies the files from the USB stick back to the headunit.

Keep in mind that even with the patch you need a valid version of a proper license, it just does not have to be a license for your headunit.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since the last time I wrote here about the process to follow for updating the maps on a F88DAB unit.

Is there any easier process available? If that is not the case, can someone confirm that the steps I described on my first post are the valid ones?

Also, it seems that the links for the patch are not available anymore. Has anyone the files to share again?

@asd255 It seems that you developed the patch. Is there any guide to follow this process on an easy way?

Best regards and I wish you a prosperous new year :)