AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Password reset

Hi all,

I've just finished doing some maintenance to my car. Upon reconnecting the battery, I've realized that I can't remember the password.

Can anyone help me reset the password? The unit is a pioneer avic-8200NEX.

The unit has a sliding screen that covers the sdcard slot, so I took apart the unit to insert a SD card loaded with some "testmode" files, that didn't work.

Any suggestions? 

thanks!

On 28/05/2018 at 12:54 AM, aboombafoo said:

The unit has a sliding screen that covers the sdcard slot, so I took apart the unit to insert a SD card loaded with some "testmode" files, that didn't work.

Testmode keys run from USB.

You'll need the goldenapple one. Take a look around the slack and you'll find what you need

• 4 months later...

I downloaded the .rar file,  decompressed it and copied the files to a 8 GB USB stick.  I had previously wiped the stick and reformatted it.  I'm using a Mac.  I formatted the USB stick first time as MS-DOS, tried it, nada.  Went back and reformatted the stick as ex-FAT, put the files back on it, checked to make sure they copied over.  Deck still did not recognize the stick.  Now in my case, the deck (NEX 4201) was installed with a USB dongle out to the glove box from port 1.  I have used this connection before to update firmware, and it works fine.  However, in this case, the deck did not see the USB stick, or to be precise, the deck did not go into 'factory service mode.'   I've rooted other Android devices so the process is not completely foreign to me.  Any suggestions?