AVIC411.com

w4400nex how to bypass e brake

On 12/7/2018 at 12:47 AM, krankintacoma said:

Yes I do believe so. Update the W4400NEX to 1.01 and after reboot...

Do the AVIC "SET ON" bypass in the lower left screen that everyone is already familiar with. Also, I believe a micro bypass is still required on this headunit as well.

20181206_145341.mp4

Edited by krankintacoma
additional information added
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t kno what happened, but I took my truck back to the audio guys at my local shop, and complained, Because I initially paid for the bypass, and it wasn’t working, but after they took my truck for about 20-30 minutes, and gave it back, I can watch videos and use wireless and have full capabilities while in motion. 

UPDATE..... I am still able to have video in motion, but wen i use my apple navi via carplay, sometimes it run normal, and sometimes the triangle/arrow that represents me moving on the road, faces sideways and messes up my auto re-route..... anyone that was able to do the bypass have this issue? 

UPDATE# 2 A few after my first update, to this text I installed the micro bypass and updated to 1.0.1, and haven’t had any issue as of yet

7 hours ago, Studderman said:

did u end up completing the bypass process? 

you just need the latest firmware which is 1.01 and then the SET ON bypass works by pressing and holding the bottom left corner for a long time. this worked for years on Pioneer head units but was not in the original firmware on the 4400NEX but was put in in firmware 1.01

On 12/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, tubatransport said:

you just need the latest firmware which is 1.01 and then the SET ON bypass works by pressing and holding the bottom left corner for a long time. this worked for years on Pioneer head units but was not in the original firmware on the 4400NEX but was put in in firmware 1.01

Yes i found that out, i hooked up the micro bypass too, just in case, all is well vid in motion and my navi works fine. :-)

On 12/9/2018 at 7:21 PM, Studderman said:

Unfortunately, I don't own a W4400NEX to test "in vehicle". I merely have a display model to play with (as shown in my video)...but there should be no snipping or cutting of any wires or cables, all connections should be made (GPS, VSS, etc.) and VIM and MENUs are to remain operational at all times.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:46 AM, tubatransport said:

Hold the lower left screen (quadrant) for exactly 10 seconds.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, tubatransport said:

So in summary it worked after updating to firmware 1.01?

Thank you for posting the solution and new firmware version! I tried the fix but unfortunately it is still not allowing me to interact with Waze search features or music apps while in motion. Have not tried video while in motion. Anyone with the bypass able to use all features from Android auto/apple carplay?

On 12/18/2018 at 6:39 AM, jonjon09 said:

Thank you for posting the solution and new firmware version! I tried the fix but unfortunately it is still not allowing me to interact with Waze search features or music apps while in motion. Have not tried video while in motion. Anyone with the bypass able to use all features from Android auto/apple carplay?

I am in the same boat. I can't get Android Auto to work at all after installing an AVH-W4400NEX in my '03 WRX today.

I installed the head unit into my car, but it was getting dark so I didn't install the mic or GPS antenna yet and everything is working great so far, except for Android Auto. When I try to use it, I get, "To use Android Auto, please stop your car and check your Android phone," on the head unit. There was also another brief error about needing to connect the external GPS antenna so I guess I'll go ahead and install that too when I install the mic tomorrow. I should also mention that my phone is on Oreo, not Pie, and I think I've hear that you need Pie for wireless Android Auto and maybe the USB cable I connected to the head unit (USB port 2 on the back) was a crappy one (I tend to cycle ones that only charge, don't work with data, to my car) and I just need to use a better one?

So far, I'm hopeful since everything besides Android Auto works even though I didn't connect the e-brake wire or the speed sensor wire, and really don't want to. I even used the screen mirror to watch some Youtube videos.

So what's the point of the external GPS antenna other than to nanny you? When I get Android Auto working, will I be able to put my phone away and while running Google Maps or Waze, it'll use my phones data plan but the head unit's external GPS antenna for the GPS app on my phone somehow???

I'm in the process of installing a 4400nex in my excursion.  I have a couple of questions.  After doing the "set on" menu change, is the bypass still necessary?  Also, with the bypass installed, will I have trouble getting my AA to pair with my phone?  I have the micro bypass installed right now, and I'm getting the "please stop vehicle and look at your phone to finish blah blah blah" even when the vehicle is stopped.