AVIC411.com

Several issues with a 4100

I bought a Jeep that had a 4100 installed last week.  Everything worked fine for a day or so and now I am seeing some problems.  I have an older ipod nano hooked up to USB 1 and use USB 2 for my Android. For a day it worked perfectly before the issue started.  The ipod is still seen on the display along with the song name, ability to fast forward, etc.  But it doesn't play.  It's not paused and not seeing the time on the song change.  Pressing the play/pause button does nothing.   I tried the ipod in USB 2 and got the same result.  Also tried a different cable.

My biggest problem is the faceplate keeps opening and closing randomly.  And the menu to eject the cd, tilt the faceplact or open it flashes on and off the screen constantly.  

Lastly, the cd I put in won't eject. pressing the eject button opens the faceplate but does not eject the cd.

I am going to attempt to update the firmware this weekend. I already pulled the battery cable for 20 minutes.  The system went to the initial settings screen when it started up again but no change to the issues.

I appreciate any help and insight anyone has.