AVIC411.com

NEX Connected Services problem (AVICSYNC)

Hi guys,

For the few of you that still use this app (I hope) and use the Connected Services; is the HERE online search is the NEXs with Nav working? Everything else (gas prices, traffic, parking work fine)

I can’t get anything but an error using the app or headunit. I’ve tried LTE/WiFi. Uninstalling the app, the services, etc. Seems like it might be an error with HERE’s servers?

I reported it to Pioneer, HERE, and Naviextras. Pioneer desperately needs to update the app if they’re going to keep releasing nav headunits.

60D4B127-7386-4777-A25E-AFFAB63C1114.png

84CD1317-2A4B-4DDD-BE88-E196CC41DE0F.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know they’re having issues with traffic but they also made another subtle “enhancement”.  In trying to resolve my traffic issue I did a factory reset on the unit itself and found out the current version of the AvicSync app refuses to pair with the head unit.  The head unit is the only thing that gives me a notice saying it’s not compatible with the version of the app.  I ended up having to update the firmware in the head unit.  The iOS app gives no notice of this but it’s in the release notes for the app on the App Store.  

• 1 month later...