AVIC411.com

8200NEX - Backup camera gets no video

Hi all,

I recently installed an 8200NEX (with Maestro) into a friend’s 2016 Jeep Patriot.  The radio install went great, and that’s working all fine. The issue is the backup camera.

We used this camera:

NOAUKA Waterproof IP68 Night Vision 170 Degree Car Rear view/Reversing/Reverse Camera Universal Color CMOS Imaging Chip Backup Parking HD Front View Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNM7GNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hw5CBb9ZNZNXV

I have the camera power wired to the reverse lights, and have tested the camera to a portable TV, using the supplied video cable. The camera works fine, and activated properly when in reverse.

The issue is that I get absolutely ZERO video on the camera when connected to the 8200NEX. I am using the brown port on the deck, not the yellow input. See below for images of the camera testing:

https://imgur.com/a/PuL4u1e

The real head scratcher here is that I can plug a portable DVD player to the deck, and that video shows just fine when connected, using the same video cable as the camera.

Also, between Sunday when the unit wa installed, and today, when we were doing more testing, the unit stopped switching to the camera automatically when in reverse. I’m not sure what’s causing this, but I think the no video issue is a touch more important right now.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to get this camera working! Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...