AVIC411.com

So I don't see anyone else here has had the same idea. It struck me an seemed crazy no one has though of it! 

I've gotten my Z110bt (fully updated with 2017)

To do full app mirroring with an Android or iphone!

Not only that! But Netflix, prime video, Kodi media player full web browser... Pretty much everything your heart desires by installing a firestick.

So I went out an grabbed a inexpensive power inverter and HDMI composite adapter and a firestick. Plugged everything up and it works amazing! 

The only complaint I really had at first was I'm still stuck with using the firestick remote for navigation but after grabbing a small Bluetooth keyboard and getting it hooked up I'm in heaven!  The weakness becomes a strength as now I have a full keyboard on my remote which makes web browsing a breeze! Plus it keeps my screen nice an clean since no touch is required.

I'm actually gonna take this a step further and get a shield tv to install once I get a lil extra cash... 

That should add even more functionality including ONLINE GAMING ! 

Suddenly our old decks can do anything a new one can do and more!!!! I've loved this deck for years.... Looks like she is relevant for years to come now too! 

No extra mods... 

You don't even need the upgrade. 

The firestick is doing all the work for you. 

Now when I say full app mirror understand I don't mean you can't control the app from the deck.... It will mirror what's on your phone but the control stays with the phone or the wireless mouse/keyboard you choose to use. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 7:08 PM, steelewise said:

And if your not familiar with Kodi look it up. No downloading or rereipping movies so they play on the deck... It a click an play experience now VERY VERY EASY!!!!

Actually, I've been in this customized scene for a while now. Self-taught.

In a nutshell, here are a few features I have running on my Z110BT

iPhone 4s dedicated to the car (custom mount hardwired to Z110BT with no wires showing.  I HATE EXPOSED WIRES lol).   I don't want to lose the iPhone interaction with the Z110BT, so I leave the phone mounted to the custom dash plate.  All apps on 4s are already set up to broadcast audio/video on the Z110BT screen (Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, etc.). 

I use QNAP apps to stream all media from my home QNAP TS-453 Pro server where I have movies, TV shows, pictures, etc. stored.  Therefore I have no need for large sized iPhones; all my media is streamed.  All videos are compressed, and broadcast in a lower resolution so that it runs smoother on my 7" screen (no skips).  The QNAP server does all the hard work.

I installed two AV switches to add a gaming system, and a digital converter box (both modified to run off of 12V)  to watch live TV local wherever I am located.  I simply scan the area for channels and start channel surfing.  I installed a very small antenna in my rear window that is hard to spot.

I use Slingplayer app to stream LIVE television from home.  I'm able to control my cable box, remotely, as if I'm sitting on the couch, and I'm able to watch DVR, live sports, movies, etc. at no extra cost. 

I use a modded PS2 with wireless controllers to run ALL my older gaming system emulators (PSOne, PS2, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Masters, Atari 2600, GameBoy, and GameBoy Color, all on the dash screen.

I added headrest monitors to either mirror what is up front on the dash, or run their own individual DVD source and wireless headphones.  With this setup, I can run up to three media sources simultaneously and all having their separate sound (when utilizing the wireless headphones in the rear). 

Jailbroken iPhone SE provides wifi connection to iPhone 4s and unlocks ALL the features in the iPhone.  My everyday cell phone connects when a call comes in.  Otherwise, it is the wifi source for anyone in the car.  I have the ORIGINAL Verizon unlimited data plan, so I stream upwards of 40 GBs per month through my phone (yes, I said +40 GBs). 

I added an upgrades sound system that includes 2 12" subs, upgraded component speakers and rear speakers, and two highly efficient Alpine amps that do not run hot and NEVER overheat.  I also kept the stock alternator, so I had to reduce power in the system by installing LED lights throughout the car.

I own a 2007 Camry and you would never guess all this equipment is inside until I turn on the system.  Its my Mancave on Wheels.

I have pics/videos of my setup if you'd like to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 4:45 AM, steelewise said:

So I don't see anyone else here has had the same idea. It struck me an seemed crazy no one has though of it! 

Not only that! But Netflix, prime video, Kodi media player full web browser... Pretty much everything your heart desires by installing a firestick.

So I went out an grabbed a inexpensive power inverter and HDMI composite adapter and a firestick. Plugged everything up and it works amazing! 

The only complaint I really had at first was I'm still stuck with using the firestick remote for navigation but after grabbing a small Bluetooth keyboard and getting it hooked up I'm in heaven!  The weakness becomes a strength as now I have a full keyboard on my remote which makes web browsing a breeze! Plus it keeps my screen nice an clean since no touch is required.

I'm actually gonna take this a step further and get a shield tv to install once I get a lil extra cash... 

Suddenly our old decks can do anything a new one can do and more!!!! I've loved this deck for years.... Looks like she is relevant for years to come now too! 

What power inverter  did you buy and what hdmi composite adapter did you buy?could you by chance post a picture of how you wired it up?or a diagram please?

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2018 at 1:45 AM, steelewise said:

I just did this with a. HDMI composite adapter and Apple hdmi splitter, it works great but I have these weird lines that run through the screen, and when I press the glass the faster it goes. This only happens when’s this on A/v mode, kinda like static, anyone know what this could be