AVIC411.com

08 scion tc aux input port with avic-d3

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Why? The D3 has one built right into the face.

HiFiSi, That seems like an obvious answer but I have an 05 tC and it's manual so any front input gets in the way of shifting, not all the time but it happens and is annoying, I just used the rear inputs of the AVIC-D3 and put a normal mini jack on that and ran it to my center console and made a small hole for it to come up and is easy hidden to prevent theft

Well in that case, it would have to be connected to the D3's rear audio/video RCA inputs. So I guess you have to determine what kind of connector is on the other end of that jack, so you can pick up an adapter so it will work with RCA connectors.

Well in that case, it would have to be connected to the D3's rear audio/video RCA inputs. So I guess you have to determine what kind of connector is on the other end of that jack, so you can pick up an adapter so it will work with RCA connectors.

yea this should work perfectly

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2110510&cp=&pg=2&sr=1&origkw=rca+y+adapter&kw=rca+y+adapter&parentPage=search

yea this should work perfectly

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2110510&cp=&pg=2&sr=1&origkw=rca+y+adapter&kw=rca+y+adapter&parentPage=search

That would work... if the other end of that stock audio jack (where it connected to the stock head unit) has a standard headphone jack, not a specialized connector.

Basically, he's going to have to find the other end of that cable that connected to the head unit and see what kind of connector it has.

Not that it matters, the topic creator hasn't been back here since september.

• 2 weeks later...