AVIC411.com

AVICSYNC App HD Traffic Not Working

Hello,

I purchased the Live HD Traffic: USA and Canada - 1 year subscription a few months ago and it's been working fine -- got back from vacation Monday (didn't use the app or connect it to any other NEX head units or anything like that while on vacation) and found out as I was heading to work that the traffic service was no longer working on the my iPhone 6S. I deleted the content, then restored the purchase, and it worked for that one trip, but then failed to work again.

I've deleted the content and restored the purchase at least a half dozen more times, but all attempt to do so still don't restore the service -- still getting the icon greyed out cars with the yellow "x." Any advice on how to get this working again?

19 hours ago, sushi714 said:

Hello,

I purchased the Live HD Traffic: USA and Canada - 1 year subscription a few months ago and it's been working fine -- got back from vacation Monday (didn't use the app or connect it to any other NEX head units or anything like that while on vacation) and found out as I was heading to work that the traffic service was no longer working on the my iPhone 6S. I deleted the content, then restored the purchase, and it worked for that one trip, but then failed to work again.

I've deleted the content and restored the purchase at least a half dozen more times, but all attempt to do so still don't restore the service -- still getting the icon greyed out cars with the yellow "x." Any advice on how to get this working again?

Hey Sushi,

just posting to let you know that I’m having the exact same issue. I spoke to TomTom about it, and they claim that there are no US issues. I checked my subscription and also uninstalled and reinstalled

77A1359D-EFBE-469D-80E9-DA714779D61C.png

10 hours ago, MostlyPepper said:

Hey Sushi,

just posting to let you know that I’m having the exact same issue. I spoke to TomTom about it, and they claim that there are no US issues. I checked my subscription and also uninstalled and reinstalled

77A1359D-EFBE-469D-80E9-DA714779D61C.png

Just spotted your Sox avatar — maybe this is a Chicagoland problem? Lol

49 minutes ago, sushi714 said:

Just spotted your Sox avatar — maybe this is a Chicagoland problem? Lol

Haha go Sox!

I still have no clue. Today I spoke to TomTom that claimed it was Pioneer’s problem because they licensed the traffic info to Pioneer. 

I called Pioneer and the rep told me to update my app (yay they still update it!) and to reassociate my phone with the headunit. It didn’t work. I called back and the second guy told me he hadn’t heard about any issues and to contact NaviExtras. I emailed Naviextras and am waiting to hear back. 

On 9/6/2018 at 6:37 PM, MostlyPepper said:

Haha go Sox!

I still have no clue. Today I spoke to TomTom that claimed it was Pioneer’s problem because they licensed the traffic info to Pioneer. 

I called Pioneer and the rep told me to update my app (yay they still update it!) and to reassociate my phone with the headunit. It didn’t work. I called back and the second guy told me he hadn’t heard about any issues and to contact NaviExtras. I emailed Naviextras and am waiting to hear back. 

Are you using iOS -- if so, how did you go about updating your app? I didn't see an available update in the App Store.

Thanks for the updates. I have a feeling the issue may be due to the license not being recognized properly -- I noticed that I see the "waves" that usually show up before the traffic icon used to turn white, but it tells me "Subscription Expired" and then changes to the yellow "x" icon, and I have feeling this might be due to the trial subscriptions expiring. I have a 1-year subscription to traffic, so maybe it's just not checking/recognizing it after it sees the trials have expired? Hoping your license folder inspection provides some insight...

1 hour ago, sushi714 said:

Are you using iOS -- if so, how did you go about updating your app? I didn't see an available update in the App Store.

Thanks for the updates. I have a feeling the issue may be due to the license not being recognized properly -- I noticed that I see the "waves" that usually show up before the traffic icon used to turn white, but it tells me "Subscription Expired" and then changes to the yellow "x" icon, and I have feeling this might be due to the trial subscriptions expiring. I have a 1-year subscription to traffic, so maybe it's just not checking/recognizing it after it sees the trials have expired? Hoping your license folder inspection provides some insight...

I think you’re right...something about the licenses aren’t right. 

I’m on iOS, and I have everything set to auto update. 

7EED64EA-27AC-45BF-A612-0DBC4BCFB88B.jpeg.f7b1c47ae74fda0d0846c38905326829.jpeg

557AD653-E295-420E-A2E5-ED029C407447.png

Hey @MostlyPepper! Sorry -- don't think I was subscribed to this thread, but I am now. Glad you made some progress, even though it doesn't seem like Pioneer has been.

What method of contact did you use to reach out to Pioneer Support? I can try to reach out the same way to add some pressure. Maybe it'll help move things along the more complaints they have? :P

I was hoping so! I reached out to the guy in support that's been helping me for an update today. I just don't understand how this isn't a bigger priority for them?

Currently I'm working with Pioneer who claims that Naviextras is aware :rolleyes:

I called their support number (be prepared for a long wait) and just explained that the traffic feature wasn't working. Evidently, it's only working on androids, but not iPhones.