AVIC411.com

8200 nex will not boot up

hello, I was wondering if any body else has had this problem with their 8200 NEX. last night everything was fine listening to music via an iPod just like normal and shut the car off then restart and headed to next stop. went to hit play on the iPod and noticed the screen was black on the pioneer. turned the car off and on then the receiver was like normal. NEX appeared on the screen , went to the screen that says loading and 5-10 seconds later it flashed and started the "loading" process all over again.it will do this 3 times and the screen will go black. I have tried to reset and nothing changes. help please if you can.   thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having this problem. For me it seems like it has something to do with CarPlay.

The screen goes black, but the unit is on and the buttons are backlit still. I can even control the volume, but I can't get the radio back without a reboot. 

I stopped plugging in my phone until after the radio is finished booting. Still waiting to see if it keeps happening.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, mctecheng said:

I stopped plugging in my phone until after the radio is finished booting. Still waiting to see if it keeps happening.

I, too, do the same on my 8100NEX as it doesn't seem to like being fiddled with while it's booting.  I've experienced the same black screen/no boot that happens occasionally.