AVIC411.com

Calibration will start, but may be inaccurate without speed pulse.

Obviously, I did not install the speed pulse wire during my installation as I had a hard time finding the correct wire in my Porsche.

I'm starting to get this error; "Calibration will start, but may be inaccurate without speed pulse."  Whenever I use the Navigation.  When the error is present, the NAV screen is unresponsive.  It has to timeout on it's own.

Anyone have a workaround?

12 hours ago, kbrkr said:

This message is becoming a problem as it remains on the screen blocking the actual MAP for the entire journey and I can't find a way to clear the message.

Any Ideas?

Maybe if you stated the model and yr someone could tell how to connect VSS to a pulse wire. Hint - it is in your ABS harness below the brake fluid reservoir. Probably White/Brown for Porsche.

4 hours ago, kbrkr said:

Yes, thanks.  It's a 2013 Boxster.  According to my wiring diagram,  White/brown is Terminal 31.  There are 4 wheel sensors coming from the wheels into the PCS control unit, but I can't find them.

I have a 987.2. so your 981 wiring may be different.  Is that a 981 wiring diagram?  I have printed instructions from the EuroMotorSpeed kit. It says to remove the cover over the brake fluid reservoir and you'll find a black 46 pin connector with all the wires for ABS. On mine, it was the BRN/WHT wire going to pin 19. Your's looks different. Basically, any wire that pulses when any wheel rotates will work.

9 hours ago, kbrkr said:

Thanks Ron, yes this diagram came from my 981 2012-2015 Service Manual.

Thanks for the tip on the Brake fluid cover, I don't think 987 is that different from the 981, it should be in the same location.

Many thanks for your help.

Al

Pin 38 in your wiring diagram looks promising. I checked my 987 diagram and it looks comparable to my pin 19 (both BRN/WHT and go to a module on the right side of the frunk).

To access you'll have to remove some of the liner plastic trim. Probable just held by a few screws.

ABS.JPG

• 2 weeks later...