AVIC411.com

AVIC-7200NEX hard buttons and touch screen problems

I began having a problem with my NEX 7200 after cleaning the screen with the unit off. I assume a tiny amount of cleaning solution caused the problem. 

The unit is about a year old.  

It has been about two weeks since this began so a drying out period has passed.   

The problems are:
Erratic or no response to touch screen input. 
Erratic or no response to hard button input.
Reassignment of some hard button inputs 
Unexpected opening of the tilt screen without any input. 

When in the Android Auto mode the unit seems to operate without some of these problems. 

Pioneer factory service wants $230 (not including shipping to them) to fix the problems and this quote is open ended meaning it could be more.    

I am sufficiently skilled to remove and disassemble the screen unit. 

I doubt the touch screen is bad but it may have a wet or contaminated or burnt ribbon connection. I can locate a replacement touch screen without much trouble.

The hard button assembly I can not locate easily. If it happens I need a hard button assembly does anyone know how to obtain one?    

I noticed Amazon is selling new NEX 7200 units (sold by Pioneer) for $549 a little more than twice the price of the repair quote… if the repair quote actually is $230. 

I’d appreciative anyone’s comments or suggestions.      

BTW... I found a recent YouTube detailing the disassembly of one of these units. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvUFv5GVRTY