AVIC411.com

AVH-4000NEX stuck in firmware udpate v1.20 loop

Hi guys,

I have an AVH-4000NEX V1.11 and trying to update to LATEST version V1.20 but the update keeps failing at 66% each time.

I'm using SDHC San Disk card and used the same card  in the past to update from  1.21 to 1.11.

I tried a different approach by using a USB key plugged in port usb 1 but it's not picking it as the FW update source even when SD card is empty.

Any known fix for this. I'm desperate about Pioneer.

Regards,

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9641.JPG

Ok guys. I hope this can help some of you in the same situation.

I made the unit out of the coma.

I was actually on v1.11 and i downloaded the exact same firmware.

The unit showed 1.11 > 1.11 which is weird updating to the same version but it worked. The update finished till 100% and the unit booted normally.

Now i'll leave it alone no updates in the future .... thank you Pioneer for the shitty updates.

IMG_9720.HEIC

• 1 year later...

I had the exact same problem today. Tried to update firmware on my Avh-4000nex from 1.14 -> 1.20.

the update stopped at exactly 66%. This happened from both USB drive and SD card.

recovered by rebooting with 1.14 files on thumb drive when rebooting.

anyone successfully update this unit to 1.20 firmware?

I also tried updating from 1.14 -> 1.15 and had exact same result. The update crashed at 66% complete.

bummer.

• 2 years later...

I updated successfully to version 1.20 after many attempts. Once updated I discovered I couldn’t access Bluetooth anymore. That was 2years ago. I recently found an article stating it was a two part update, the second part being a Bluetooth update. I may try that on a slow day, goodness why so difficult Pioneer?

AVH-4000NEX