AVIC411.com

Network or Standard speaker mode with Ford Shaker Pro speakers?

I have the Shaker Pro system in a 2013 Mustang ("Shaker Pro Audio System with AM/FM stereo/single-CD player with MP3 capability, and 9 speakers including 3 subwoofers"). There are two smaller subs in the doors and a smaller amp by the driver-side footwell as well as the rear sub (12" I think) and amp in the trunk.

Which speaker mode (Network or Std) should I choose when initializing my new AVIC-W8400NEX?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, GreenBook said:

I'm assuming you just hooked it up to the factory amp.  You want standard mode.  Network mode is for running an active crossover, which is something the stock amp will manage for you.

Thanks for the reply. I did find that if I select Standard mode, it seems like 99% of the sounds comes from the front speakers. If I move the front/rear fade all the way to the rear, sound is audible but very weak. It actually sounds pretty good (normal?) in Network mode, but this Standard vs. Network mode option is a new feature to me so I'm not sure about it. 

I'm connected via the harness, per their instructions, that came with the Metra 99-5839CH kit for the 10-14 Mustang.

• 2 weeks later...

The big difference between the two is you don't have a fade option in network.  You get high, mid, low.  Meaning tweeters, mids, subwoofer.

In standard it operates like a normal stereo with front, rear, sub.

As for the front being louder in standard,  its probably because in network mode the rear is only receiving the low-mid signal, meaning no high notes.