AVIC411.com

AVIC-5201NEX firmware wrongly installed with 5200; I need a solution!

I mistakenly installed the firmware for a AVIC-5200NEX on to my AVIC-5201NEX unit which wiped out my navigation as well as a few other features. I want to revert to previous firmware; the proper one for the 5201, but understand that Pioneer makes this very difficult. As I cant afford to send the unit in for "repair" (or the cost there of) and seeing as I am certain there is a way to achieve this with the proper information, I am hoping that someone on the forum might have the work-around? Please respond and let me know ASAP. Cheers all. Warmly, m

UPDATE: So, after several weeks of having this request for information assistance posted to the site, I have noted that not one single person has made a reply... not even one to "wish me luck" solving this problem that I indeed placed myself in to... Of course I am disappointed. Is this the fact of it that no one of this forum has any idea at all how I might install the proper firmware on to me 5201? If that is the case, well, so be it... it was worth a try....  Thanks regardless of the lack of a positive outcome and I wish all on the forum well. Cheers

Edited by Miata5201
Update
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for the suggestion. It is my belief that I did try to install the proper version with no success. However, it has been awhile as I abandoned the project while I had to do some work as well as to give myself a little rest from the frustration of attempting to resolve the problem. I've recovered a wee bit now and am going to refocus my attention to this next week. I ghad thought that if Pioneer releases a new update for my actual unit that it might overwrite the misapplied one. The last time I looked there was no further update but I am going to try again in the next few days. I will say a few prayers as it looks like I probably need devine intervention to get this sorted... :) Thank again for your responses. Much appreciated as I was feeling sort of lonely before you commented. :) Cheers, M

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...