AVIC411.com

Video bypass using PAC TR7 module ???

I have read all the 'stickies' and numerous other threads before I decided to ask this question. The current bypass approach seems pretty straight forward and simple if done correctly.

Before I discovered avic411.com, I approached a installer at 'Tweeter' to help me plan/configure the system. He recommended that for the video bypass, I will need a bypass module accessory; PAC TR7

http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog/it ... 984019.htm

Having read the forum threads, I am wondering if this accessory can help. He confidently claimed that he has used this accessory for other D3 installs with video bypass.

Can any experts here clarify if this is possible or this is BS? The bypass module does mention 'video bypass' so I was wondering ... :?: Also more Googling reveals that this module is used for video bypass on Alpine units. So I am thinking the NOOB installer was misinformed .. ???

Thanks

• 7 months later...
The bypass he is talking about is for Alpine screens, and for non-gps Pioneer video units.

So the TR7 will work with the non GPS Pioneer units? Does it hook up the same way it would with the Alpine? Sorry I'm new to this and I just picked up the Pioneer 4000dvd and a TR7 switch.

Just program it to see ground->then off->then on again

So the TR7 will work with the non GPS Pioneer units? Does it hook up the same way it would with the Alpine? Sorry I'm new to this and I just picked up the Pioneer 4000dvd and a TR7 switch.

Just program it to see ground->then off->then on again

Awesome...what wires from the TR7 go to what wires on the back of the head unit??