AVIC411.com

Power antenna control for X920bt

Upgraded from a X710bt to a x920bt in an older Miata that has a power antenna.  The 710 unit used a blue wire for antenna control and in the settings you could select whether the antenna was controlled by regular power or when the radio function is in use.

The 920 has a blue/white wire for power that simply powers on when the key is switched to on or accessory.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to re-gain the function of controlling the antenna by selecting radio as the source audio?  I use the radio less than half the time and those power antennas are hard to find and expensive so I only want to activate it when I need it.

12 minutes ago, homeplate5 said:

Upgraded from a X710bt to a x920bt in an older Miata that has a power antenna.  The 710 unit used a blue wire for antenna control and in the settings you could select whether the antenna was controlled by regular power or when the radio function is in use.

The 920 has a blue/white wire for power that simply powers on when the key is switched to on or accessory.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to re-gain the function of controlling the antenna by selecting radio as the source audio?  I use the radio less than half the time and those power antennas are hard to find and expensive so I only want to activate it when I need it.

I have it in ANT CTRL in  AV System Settings (Power or Radio).  Since I have a traffic tuner, I set it to Power. But my antenna is just a wire in the windshield, so nothing to wear out.

• 3 years later...