AVIC411.com

AVH-W4400NEX Faceplate won't move - SD Card stuck in slot

Hi AVICers - been reading the forum for a while, but this is my first post. I've got an AVH-W4400NEX that's been installed for a couple of months. I had a hard time getting a 256GB SD card to be visible in the unit -- I'd hit the eject button, push the SD Card icon on the screen, and then slot the card in, but it would just sit there at that point. No matter what I tried, formatting with FAT32 or NTFS -- I couldn't get the card to be seen by the unit. 

I fiddled with this for a while, and on the last run through, I failed to get the card latched all the way in the slot. I hit the eject button to order the faceplate to swing back up - and it did, but when I tried to get the card back out, the card kept the faceplate from opening all the way... it was stuck partially open. I was able to get my pocketknife between the partially open faceplate and the body of the unit, and I got the card pushed back into the slot all the way, and then I got the faceplate closed. But now... the faceplate won't open back up again when I hit the eject button. The unit appears to work just fine otherwise -- CarPlay, XM, AM/FM, Bluetooth all work. I've tried both a pin-reset on the front panel, and a factory reset from the settings menu, but neither one has enabled the faceplate to open up again.

Is there another way to get this thing to work? I called Pioneer and they want me to remove the unit from the dash and send it in, with an ETA repair time of two weeks. I'm not against trying a diagnostic tool via USB or anything, but I don't know if there are any next steps I can take. I'm running firmware 1.01 if it matters.

Also, I'm not in the slack group - but I'd be happy to chat about this there if that's easier. I appreciate the help this community's given -- this board is the main reason I picked a Pioneer over other brands. Thanks in advance!

Thanks, that's a bummer though... was hoping this community would have an answer for this. Surprised there's not a dev-mode "reset front panel position" option, or anything like that. :( The unit works great right now, and I really don't want to rip it out from the dash, send it in, and be unable to drive my car for a couple of weeks...

• 4 years later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, asd255 said:

This is a hardware problem.
Only in the service center will help you.
You need to set the gears correctly.
Do not try to do it yourself.

Im facing the same issue.

i tried to set the set the gear at many position. But its hard to set the exact position.

but it looks that the 2 gears has to be sync in an exact position, otherwise it will send a different function to the head unit.

is there any documentation or diy to set the gear?

thanks

IMG_0973.jpeg