Jump to content
AVIC411.com
hochiinn

ebay maps

Recommended Posts

Are there any complete guides to do it yourself if you did not want to buy it from someone on ebay, as far as which maps you need to download, licenses, and how to set up your flash drive? I remember following a pretty basic guide years ago when I updated my maps for the first time, but so much time has passed I don't remember where I was reading these guides, or which types of maps to download for the head unit from gpspower and what not. Would prefer to do it myself but it's nice to know someone sells a cheap solution on ebay vs paying pioneer over 100 bucks for maps that are going on a year out of date now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gpspower and other sites no longer has upadated maps. Only person with access is ASD255. Other eBay sellers are just resellers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh really? That's a little upsetting knowing you can't just do it all yourself anymore. I guess in that case I will look into going through ASD. Is it worth getting Q3 now or is there any chance of a Q4/Q1 19 map coming out anytime soon?

Also what exactly is Android Auto and is there any real benefit to having it? Does it just allow you to use google maps through the head unit and see texts/notifications coming through? I prefer using the GPS in my car rather than eating data with google maps. Would I be able to use the built in Navi and still receive notifications on screen that way or would I have to go full Android Auto to receive any benefits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say thanks to Asd for posting these and for replying back to me and being in touch through ebay and telling me over the weekend that the new one might be out before I go and buy Q3 and have Q4 come out a day later. I will be buying this today and doing the upgrade today or tomorrow. Thank you.

Only question now is if Android Auto is actually necessary or worth the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lunatics said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Asd for posting these and for replying back to me and being in touch through ebay and telling me over the weekend that the new one might be out before I go and buy Q3 and have Q4 come out a day later. I will be buying this today and doing the upgrade today or tomorrow. Thank you.

Only question now is if Android Auto is actually necessary or worth the money.

depends.  we have 8200nex, and 4400.  i first installed the 8200, and it has both carplay and android auto.  i first used android, and after about 6 months, i installed the 4400 in the car my wife drives.  she has i phone, and 4400 is wireless.  i think the carplay is better.  certainly waze and google maps display is much better thru carplay.  i have since switched to carplay w/iphone 8, and i think it is better.  i also tried appradio/live, which involves hdmi/avi adapter, and i think it also sucks.  btw, pls let me know if the q4 install works, and what radio you have.  i was not successful installing an earlier q2.  tried everything, then i bought the update from naviextras, and it went right in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hochiinn said:

depends.  we have 8200nex, and 4400.  i first installed the 8200, and it has both carplay and android auto.  i first used android, and after about 6 months, i installed the 4400 in the car my wife drives.  she has i phone, and 4400 is wireless.  i think the carplay is better.  certainly waze and google maps display is much better thru carplay.  i have since switched to carplay w/iphone 8, and i think it is better.  i also tried appradio/live, which involves hdmi/avi adapter, and i think it also sucks.  btw, pls let me know if the q4 install works, and what radio you have.  i was not successful installing an earlier q2.  tried everything, then i bought the update from naviextras, and it went right in

The Q4 update worked perfectly for me. I have the 5100NEX and bought the 6100/5100 version, it took maybe 45-60 minutes to install and everything worked fine as of right now. Started the update before I left work and then just let my car run for a while when I got home. Went through and every state has updated Q4 maps, according to the titles of them in the content anyway. Will be driving around and testing it this morning but so far everything seems to have worked fine. Only thing I noticed is I had a custom car model I had added at some point to make my icon look like a rally car and that got deleted when I installed this, however I still have other things like a magic carpet and tank which I don't think were there originally, so I need to see if I can find that again and put it back.

 

As far as android auto goes, I am fine and prefer to use the maps in my headunit (hence me trying to keep those maps up to date) vs using data and gps on my phone, so if I prefer to use the built in GPS, I wouldn't get much use out of Android Auto correct? It seems mainly more for people using their phones as GPS and checking notifications on them while driving etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the reply.  i think i had big problems with this person, i could not get the maps to load, and i disputed the sale, and got refunded.  i tried several times, used different usb drives, no success.  i also really like the factory maps display, and i am not really well versed on computer stuff.  however, i also like to have waze running in the background, and i also have either talk radio streaming, or music off the sd card/cd player.  i have an iphone connected all the time, like i did with the android phone.  waze will give me some red lite cameras(nowhere near as accurate as my garmin) and stuff like police, accidents, etc.  there are also several traffic apps from local radio stations, but we dont travel a lot, and we are also retired, so no rush hour traffic.  waze is also really good(as is google maps) for stuff like restaurants, gas stations, and both are very up to date with new roads.  google has a really nice satellite view.  if you want to go android, what i did was buy a cheap tracphone, and leave it connected.  they are generally around 50 bucks, and will come with a year talk/data.  if connected, it will always be charged, and the system will use about 200mb/month.  after a year, another year of service is 50 bucks, and 1 gig is 10 bucks.  so for about 70 bucks/year, you can leave it connected and always have android running.  also, avicsync will always be updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lunatics said:

Only thing I noticed is I had a custom car model I had added at some point to make my icon look like a rally car and that got deleted when I installed this, however I still have other things like a magic carpet and tank which I don't think were there originally, so I need to see if I can find that again and put it back.

This script copies the car model.
All  models released for Pioneer have been added to the archive.
But you can add any model of your choice.
Large custom catalog of 2000+ models you can find here.

 

this script works for all x000/x100/x200 models AVIC

Pioneer_avic_car_models_copy_ver1.0.rar

 

screen2.png.3ff0ef0c823d09f6175cba8d9bc22e96.png

screen3.png.f2fd13850bc66c9c7d828c6a869b2013.png

screen4.png.50d99c93e2deef3265cff7f2b2d93895.png

screen5.png.5fb036fc7c2518b77bb52ce3d84591ed.png

screen6.png.e4036a6dbf56219bfe8696c12f62cfbe.png

screen7.png.4712320dd628a31517869be262a2a279.png

screen8.png.05b49935044efd09271355ab8ecbc5c5.png

screen9.png.d8bc217007243ab8b58348d99ebdea85.png

screen10.png.baf31f7cd7a863f041b029619a9e0de5.png

screen11.png.e6a5ecccd7d6067cbd697025309c6463.png

screen12.png.82dae2a7cebfb30e3991bd21a2534db1.png

screen13.png.b546674c711ad89739d3d232da1dd110.png

screen14.png.e617514e001af9a64a442157a52e7713.png

screen15.png.939c29351e4a8a8d72db2d7095a96b1f.png

screen16.png.fa87eb452ceb0a73d61c2b8ad612a4bc.png

screen17.png.da038a3c21398decc8fa0faed455ed58.png

screen18.png.924b054da0e8bc1e8a980321bc98b8b7.png

screen19.png.5ed583ec1439847c644e2b2eee338fba.png

screen20.png.8acd43587493d58338f3183ec0838911.png

screen21.png.84c918587d210f354881d55de7a84f99.png

screen22.png.8aa03ec2cd7be260b621d023ef6812ee.png

screen23.png.9500b03b498bb45d69d6ce5c2e6d633d.png

screen24.png.fb8de1d5c787abd635f274f8b715e5f6.png

screen25.png.01a82f999133595b2a3985ce64154c7f.png

screen26.png.eb5264c05faf3993567e41840f70bcc4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 6:55 AM, bonee said:

 I can verify it works on 5100NEX 2018Q4.

He is quick to reply to messages and instructions very clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×