AVIC411.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no.

US maps worked fine, but were not the most up to date. If you go through naviextras they will be newer by maybe a year at the most on some so no big deal. Installation takes a bit and you gotta be comfortable doing the steps. Read them first, THEN do them. A mistake can and will brick your device. 

I tried to get Mexico maps to work, and it was a nightmare. The seller did try their best to their credit, but it just wasn't possible. Had to go through naviextras support. Plus had to do some file cleaning myself. By this point I was able to navigate in test mode comfortably and delete files myself. I had to get it back to "factory" so support wouldn't suspect foul play. Pioneer and Naviextras ultimately confirmed that it was a limitation with the unit and iGO, which makes no damn sense since I can get Canada just fine. I got over it. 

LPT: Contact Naviextras support for something, it doesn't matter for what. When they reply, they'll be a 20% off coupon in their signature. Applying the code was a pain, I don't remember why, just recall that it wasn't as simply as paste the code and apply. That may be different now. Prepare to pay full price and get the discount refunded.

If you just need US, go for the eBay option, probably the least amount of hassle. Not familiar with gpspower, but looks promising. Free, but bigger learning curb is my guess. At least the seller gives you a set of instructions that will work. 

I recently on Ebay bought a map update for AVIC NEX 8100 for 2018 Maps and it went pretty flawless, got 2 Micro SD cards in the mail with instructions, followed them and everything was updated and for a couple of weeks now no problems. Paid $24

2017 PIONEER AVIC-5100NEX 6100NEX 7100NEX 8100NEX GPS MAP UPDATE - 2018 AVIC NEX

Seller was

SELLER:avicfix (1846)

98.7% positive feedback

I'm happy so I for one had not problems and it was cheaper than going to this Pioneer site

15 hours ago, adabob said:

I recently on Ebay bought a map update for AVIC NEX 8100 for 2018 Maps and it went pretty flawless, got 2 Micro SD cards in the mail with instructions, followed them and everything was updated and for a couple of weeks now no problems. Paid $24

2017 PIONEER AVIC-5100NEX 6100NEX 7100NEX 8100NEX GPS MAP UPDATE - 2018 AVIC NEX

Seller was

SELLER:avicfix (1846)

98.7% positive feedback

I'm happy so I for one had not problems and it was cheaper than going to this Pioneer site

well, this one did not work.  it was first a link to a site, but the download did not work.  so then he sends me another link, which worked, but after loading it on to the usb drive, my radio would not recognize it.  tried several times, even tried another usb drive, no workee.  so i went ahead and bought the update from naviextras, and it went in no problem.  an sd card would probably work.

i bought maps from avicfix, we had a bit of problem with shipping, but seller was very helpful and after couple of days we solved all and everything works fine as it should, he was extremely help full, u just have to follow everything to the point, there are a lot of details to be precisely exact, its due to pioneer way of things

7 hours ago, hochiinn said:

well, this one did not work.  it was first a link to a site, but the download did not work.  so then he sends me another link, which worked, but after loading it on to the usb drive, my radio would not recognize it.  tried several times, even tried another usb drive, no workee.  so i went ahead and bought the update from naviextras, and it went in no problem.  an sd card would probably work.

That's the same seller I went with. They were great for the US maps, so you should have had no issues. Maybe it was on your end? Was the USB formatted to FAT32? Used port USB1? USB2 won't work. Earlier this year I did have issues with the USB even being read. I had done updates before, so I knew the steps but wouldn't work regardless. Turned out to be a license issue, check out this thread for more details. 

formatted to fat 32.  YUP.  toolbox reads.  YUP.  usb loads.  YUP.  second usb formatted, loaded, YUP.  i did everything at least twice.  i have cables to all 3 ports on the back(usb 1, thunderbolt, hdmi) because i tried the mirror radio.  which i didnt like.  the radio will not read the usb.  went to naviextras, downloaded the us maps, it all worked the first time, so i know i did it all correctly.  while it would be nice to update for a lot less money, if it dont work, even free is too much.  firmware was updated to 1.08 a while ago, perhaps that has something to do with it.  whatever.  i may try a different source, this guy kept telling me to try stuff i had already done.  several times.  

avicfix always sells old content.
The newest content is always in asd255786
now it has version 2018Q3, which is not in the Naviextras store

asd255 did a lot for the community.
All his patches are available on the forum for free.
avicfix uses these patches and content from the gpspower website to sell you what is available for free.
Content on the gpspower website also publishes @asd255

avicfix did nothing for the community. I see no reason to let him earn on it

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to @asd255 for helping me out. I made the mistake a couple years ago and bought an update for my 8200 from avicfix (not a good idea). The first time I tried to use the update it did not go well, had a bunch of problems. Not long after I found this webpage and a couple of others and was able to get my unit up and running, but still had problems.

I just recently bought the update to 2018 Q3 on eBay from asd255786, followed instructions that were provided but the update didn't load properly to my head unit. From digging through the files and directory (avicfix's update was causing the problem). I contacted asd255786 and got an immediate response, I was sent an additional file and to retry the update and send logs. It worked perfectly, everything updated and my head unit is now running smoother, quicker and now up to date. Thank you again @asd255

i bought the q2 maps from asd255786, but i could not get it to work.  did all kinds of things, many times over.  ebay says seller is same as asd255, and several others.  i finally disputed thru paypal, and got a refund.  after failing several times, i finally bought the update from naviextras, and it loaded right up.  so, NOT satisfied, did NOT work.  

• 1 month later...