AVIC411.com

4200NEX Randomly Rebooting/Boot Loops

Just recently purchased and installed an AVH-4200NEX unit in my 2010 Grand Marquis. (Recently as in this past week). 

Absolutely love the unit, was considering ordering two more for my Expedition, and Slingshot, but now I’m on the fence. 

Ive has zero issues up until today. This morning, while driving to work, the unit just shut off and rebooted for no reason. Happened once more before I got to work (30 minute trip). 

On my lunch, 45 mins and zero issues. Remote started the car about 5 minutes before getting out there after work, and noticed as I was walking up to the car, it was in a boot loop. It would show the splash screen, warning “OK” screen and restart again. Then sometimes it would come on for around 10-30 seconds and reboot again. Then I got a solid 5-6 minutes and was on my way home and it would reboot every minute or two. 

*The unit was in “Bluetooth” as a source, during all of this. When the radio came back on on my way home, I switched over to HD radio, and eventually CarPlay and had no more rebooting for the remaining 20ish minute ride home. 

*All wire harness connections are soldered and heatshrunk, I double and triple check all of my wiring and connections. No shorts, this is an internal issue.

Is this a common issue? Fixable? I really love the crisp, clean UI and fluid motion of this thing, but I’m not gonna keep a $400 paperweight in the dash that looks pretty but doesn’t work right. 

Thanks for any tips!