AVIC411.com

Hello there. Brand new here so I apologize if I am in the wrong place or otherwise out of line. 

As you may or may not be aware, Rockford Fosgate has made a line of DSP's that they have named 3sixty.1- 3sixty.3. The price and performance differs significantly between models. I'm a broke ass country boy so of course, I have the 3sixty.1. The 3sixty is my first DSP and although it is nice to have, the manual included with it is a constant reminder of how much better it could be. The .1 has only 5 band eq for fronts and a 4 band for the rear, leaving two additional bands for the sub. Now, the point, on the other hand, has 11 band parametric eq PER CHANNEL plus, a full digital crossover. I know this cause the manual for the .1 is shared with the .2. At first, I thought it was just a marketing strategy but after a closer look, I have realize that the 3sixty.1 and 3sixty.2 are the exact same piece of hardware, physically. The only difference, is in the software or firmware or whatever. I use a palm titanium to access the dsps menu via bluetooth, as far as know its the only way. On that menu screen is an option titled "upgrade". When I click on it, it list the model # for my device and has a place for me to enter a code for the upgrade. One little code can change a 100$ machine into a 5-600$ workhorse. Anyone have any thoughts at all on the situation?