AVIC411.com

Bluetooth will start update but fail after a 5 minutes. Help!

Hey looking for some help with an issue I have with my avic-x920bt. Last night I updated it to the 2017 software version 7.0 and that part went good I did this using short fuse. Download went good it’s saying it’s verion 7.0 and the map is updated. After the update I tried doing the Bluetooth update I hit ok for the download 3.32 to begin and it starts after 5min or so it says download failed you guys have any solutions to this or can someone send me just the files for the Bluetooth update 3.32?

30EE6A06-FD75-4549-A6F8-66E3E943B3C8.jpeg

Very unlikely that there's something wrong with the \Firmware files. Only a guess... Try a different (less <= 8 GB) SD. You only need the \Firmware files on it.

BTW, what version were you updating from since this 3.32 version has been around for many years. No need to update unless you were running an old version.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, sanchez101010 said:

The smaller card did not work any other ideas ronS?

Not other than keep trying other things. Maybe disconnect your battery for a minute to force a cold boot. 

There some stuff in TestMode (there's several pages of options) to test Bluetooth and Program Forced Write can force a BT firmware update. Careful - there's some dangerous stuff there too.

It could also be a hardware problem. I recall others that had similar problems. But repair is kind of expensive and for a unit this old it might not be worth it.