AVIC411.com

The other day I just happened to lookup the model of my unit, and found it was a very expensive one. I bought a 2007 corvette and this was in it. (Avic-8000nex) I saw where I could update the firmware, so I tried. Went out and bought a brand new 16bg flash drive to ensure there was nothing on it, downloaded the firm ware and followed all of the steps. I originally did not take the 5000nex out of the 8000 nex folder, and it would not even allow the update to begin. Once I fixed my little screw up, the update began. It started at 0% (obviously) but then immediately went to -1% and said failure. It did this Over and over again, and just say press “home” to restart. I sat on hold for 45 minutes with pioneer just to be told it was my fault, I voiced warranty by updating, and if it weren’t my fault, he would be getting way more phone calls about it. Please let me know if anybody had the same problem, and found a solution. Thanks in advance!

7E54E19F-1846-4BFC-B749-81AD897CEAA5.jpeg

6 hours ago, Clintr99 said:

The other day I just happened to lookup the model of my unit, and found it was a very expensive one. I bought a 2007 corvette and this was in it. (Avic-8000nex) I saw where I could update the firmware, so I tried. Went out and bought a brand new 16bg flash drive to ensure there was nothing on it, downloaded the firm ware and followed all of the steps. I originally did not take the 5000nex out of the 8000 nex folder, and it would not even allow the update to begin. Once I fixed my little screw up, the update began. It started at 0% (obviously) but then immediately went to -1% and said failure. It did this Over and over again, and just say press “home” to restart. I sat on hold for 45 minutes with pioneer just to be told it was my fault, I voiced warranty by updating, and if it weren’t my fault, he would be getting way more phone calls about it. Please let me know if anybody had the same problem, and found a solution. Thanks in advance!

7E54E19F-1846-4BFC-B749-81AD897CEAA5.jpeg

Try another name brand USB. 

• 1 month later...