AVIC411.com

Hello first time poster here. I have the Avic 6400, with wireless CarPlay. I am having the worst time with the navigation. Every time I use google maps or apple maps through the car play it freaks out and sends the navigation arrow going in the wrong direction and is constantly recalculating. It does not do this when I have navigation just through my phone it only happens when I going through car play. For additional info I have the iPhone SE if that would make a difference? 

Also the built in navigation is not working either an error message comes up that is always there and never goes away stating, "Calibration will start, but may be inaccurate without speed pulse" did I just get a crap unit or what gives?

I am running software version 1.00 not sure if updating it might help? Is my phone too old for this? Very frustrating. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, tydawg said:

Hello first time poster here. I have the Avic 6400, with wireless CarPlay. I am having the worst time with the navigation. Every time I use google maps or apple maps through the car play it freaks out and sends the navigation arrow going in the wrong direction and is constantly recalculating. It does not do this when I have navigation just through my phone it only happens when I going through car play. For additional info I have the iPhone SE if that would make a difference? 

Also the built in navigation is not working either an error message comes up that is always there and never goes away stating, "Calibration will start, but may be inaccurate without speed pulse" did I just get a crap unit or what gives?

I am running software version 1.00 not sure if updating it might help? Is my phone too old for this? Very frustrating. 

I am having the same problem with my NEX4400. I would try updating the firmware. Pioneer tech support will want you to do that. 

I was told by the installer and pioneer the speed pulse wire does not need to be hooked up. 

After hours on the phone with Apple and Pioneer troubleshooting, Pioneer is going to replace the 4400. At the end of the conversation the Pioneer tech said that I am not the only one having this problem. 

When I get the new unit installed I will post back my results.