AVIC411.com

Tips for new 4400NEX going into motorcycle with Note 9

Hey folks!  It's been quite a few years since I've been on here.  But when I got my Z110BT I got all kinds of information from this site and hoping I can do so again.  

So I just picked up my 4400NEX and will be doing a custom install into my motorcycle.  I already have the reverse ribbon cable so I can install the faceplate/mount onto a custom tray on the bike.  This will allow me to still be able to remove the face when I leave the bike, but the rest of the unit will be mounted inside of the bikes fairing separately.  It's hard to hit all of the posts about the 4400 because I don't know which ones have the most up to date information.  Aside from having a good sounding system I'm also trying to setup the radio for travel.  I'd like all of the information I typically have on my phone to be on the screen when it comes to navigation, phone calls, or even youtube videos (I don't watch, just listen).  There are so many options with this radio it's hard to get moving with it.  What are my best bets as far as getting started with this bad boy?  Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do!  Thanks in advance!

Red Vic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, as a biker myself I wouldn't install this in a motorcycle, sounds silly to me.  These radios definitely aren't designed for water, and I can't imagine using these with direct sunlight. On top of that, you're giving up a beautiful capacitive touchscreen on your phone to use a resistive touchscreen on the avic. Definitely a downgrade.

Personally, I would just use a RAM mount for your phone and pair that up with some newer comm technology such as the PacTalk Bold. This would give you all your OK google and voice activation type of controls, and even allows for multiple audio channels (for instance, you could have DMC communication with your buddies and have music in the background, or even share your music WITH your riding buddies)

Still, I know we put a lot of value in the cosmetic stuff we do to our bikes, and having a big screen does add to the cool factor. It's just that I'm a tech nerd at heart, and installing an avic in my bike is a step backwards not forwards:)

On the flipside, if you really wanna use something on your bike, I'd consider something like the 8" modular unit as listed here https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/DMH-C5500NEX. This at least would give you a much nicer capacitive touchscreen and an even larger size. 

In regards to what can you do with the setup you mentioned above, I'm not sure there's a whole lot people here will respond to. It's basically just a radio that does radio stuff, if you know what I mean :)

PS- Nice looking bike!