AVIC411.com

CarPlay turn on volume too loud

Hey everyone, I've got an AVIC-W8500NEX. I almost exclusively listen to music via wireless CarPlay and usually very loud on the way to work, but when I get back in the car after work, I jump when the volume comes on at the same level. When I was doing car stereo back in the day, even a lot of basic radios had a turn-on volume attenuator or max turn-on volume setting, but I can't find one on this unit. I know volume is handled within CarPlay separately for each app, so maybe its an Apple issue, but I would think an AVIC-side max volume setting would be able to override it. Any ideas?

You say that very definitively, but is that based on any real knowledge or just something you had to say to get to your super helpful suggestion? So the volume settings are saved in CarPlay's memory on the Pioneer unit, not on the iPhone itself? And no one has found any other solution to fix this?

lol ok, news flash, if you leave the volume on 25 while listening to the radio, guess what happens? you guessed it........it will be at 25 when restarted, and guess what? same for any media source you may choose, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CAR PLAY! was that helpful?

@tekki Not trying to be condescending, but @scott_0 answered with a snarky, unnecessary response (suggesting that if I don't want it to be loud, then turn it down) so I did the same. The question I'm asking is if the way that CarPlay works precludes Pioneer's ability to override the turn on volume. Apple is notoriously closed off when it comes to API's that override their settings, so it seems reasonable given that and the fact that very basic radios have had turn-on volume attenuation settings since at least the 90's that it could be a CarPlay issue that doesn't allow it. It's entirely possible that @scott_0 was aware of these aspects of the question, but my past experience with the way experts answer questions suggests he didn't. I'd really love a detailed explanation or advice if anyone has it. Thanks in advance!

I wasn't being snarky at all with my initial reply, you just didn't hear what you wanted to hear, I do not get what you aren't understanding here, there is no setting for start up volume, the volume will be what it was when you shut the vehicle off........PERIOD! in ALL media sources, not just Car Play. and I'll reiterate what I said in my first reply, be like the rest of us, and turn the volume down before shutting your vehicle off........................