AVIC411.com

If you have your AVIC-Z150BH hooked up completely, you have both the 1) car speed signal input*, and 2) reverse gear signal input*.  With those two wires, the system should operate without a GPS signal.

My guess is that you have those two wires connected and may have a poor connection (e.g. loose connection, et al) to the GPS antenna.  You can find information on the GPS signal on the Information Screen.

* Some installers unfortunately neglect to connect them.

11 hours ago, bitmap said:

If you have your AVIC-Z150BH hooked up completely, you have the both 1) car speed signal input*, and 2) reverse gear signal input*.  With those two wires, the system should operate without a GPS signal.

My guess is that you have those two wires connected and may have a poor connection (e.g. loose connection, et al) to the GPS antenna.  You can find information on the GPS signal on the Information Screen.

* Some installers unfortunately neglect to connect them.

Yes, between speed sensor, knowing whether the vehicle is going forward or reverse, and the inertial guidance (senses turns and even inclines) your GPS's dead reckoning will do a pretty good job estimating your vehicle's position. However it will eventually drift off. Last year while not actually navigating by GPS, I glanced at my map display and saw my car's position was on the wrong side of a  river. However the speed and turns matched my driving.  When I got home I had to re-position my GPS antenna to a better spot under my cowling - it seems it slipped too close to the firewall.