AVIC411.com

Avic F920bt update failed and reboot loop

Hi, i was updating with sd card my avic f920bt and after some copying i get an error and a reboot loop that says update problem. i attach a photo.

Can anyone help me?

20190524_155000_038_saved.jpg

20190524_155000_062_saved.jpg

thanks in advice, regards

Edited by d34dm4n70
adding thanks to anyone reply.
4 hours ago, d34dm4n70 said:

thanks for reply, the unit stuck in a reboot loop, don't read the sd card at boot.There is a way to stop the reboot loop? i made the sd card with supertestmode file without succes.

You must be doing something wrong.  Hard to tell with so little info. Unzip Supertestmode.zip and place TESTMODE.KEY in the root of an empty FAT32 formatted SD. Best to use a 4GB or 8GB SD. The bootloader isn't very smart.

If you can't boot into TestMode, you're out of luck. But I doubt your unit is totally bricked.

You never said what failed or what you were trying to install. I hope it wasn't Condi's hack mode. 

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, RonS said:

You must be doing something wrong.  Hard to tell with so little info. Unzip Supertestmode.zip and place TESTMODE.KEY in the root of an empty FAT32 formatted SD. Best to use a 4GB or 8GB SD. The bootloader isn't very smart.

If you can't boot into TestMode, you're out of luck. But I doubt your unit is totally bricked.

You never said what failed or what you were trying to install. I hope it wasn't Condi's hack mode. 

i'm sorry but i was trying to delete condis hack mode. I think i restored the wrong files, and now the unit is trying to update,but it don't read any sd card, with all the kind of test mode files. So i don't think the unit is totally bricked because the eject button works also when the unit is rebooting. It's a sw problem, but i can't go out from reboot loop. The unit don't read sdcard and i tried with a cd rom with testmode.key without success.

I was trying with all the update software but the unit is never reading sd card, and i don't know why.

8 hours ago, d34dm4n70 said:

i'm sorry but i was trying to delete condis hack mode. I think i restored the wrong files, and now the unit is trying to update,but it don't read any sd card, with all the kind of test mode files. So i don't think the unit is totally bricked because the eject button works also when the unit is rebooting. It's a sw problem, but i can't go out from reboot loop. The unit don't read sdcard and i tried with a cd rom with testmode.key without success.

I was trying with all the update software but the unit is never reading sd card, and i don't know why.

I can't imagine what you could do to prevent Testmode from working. Use the attached Testmode.key file (after unzip) on a FAT32 formatted SD, Insert the SD, then force a cold boot by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds. After reconnecting, turn the ign on.

SUPERTESTMODE.zip

16 hours ago, RonS said:

I can't imagine what you could do to prevent Testmode from working. Use the attached Testmode.key file (after unzip) on a FAT32 formatted SD, Insert the SD, then force a cold boot by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds. After reconnecting, turn the ign on.

SUPERTESTMODE.zip

i try now and let you know if it works.

• 2 months later...