AVIC411.com

Factory Backup Cam Not Working

Picked up an AVIC-W8500 with a Maestro RR for my 2019 4Runner Non-JBL with Navi. 

After some first initial headaches that have been solved, I’m now running into the issue with my factory backup cam. I have no video feed from the cam at all. I’ll throw the SUV in reverse, the screen will switch, but no feed. I checked with my power probe and it shows that the line is getting 6.5v. 

A maestro tech had told me that my issue might be the RCA from the maestro itself and should replace it. But before I cut this cable and replace it with a new, is there anything else I can look at that may help solve this problem?

Edit: I went ahead and replaced the RCA by cutting the cable from the maestro half of the original length then military spliced the outer wires together and inner wires together. Still no feed. I may have done it wrong. I ordered a new TO2 harness that should be in tomorrow and I hope this fixes it. If it doesn’t, I’ll try to get a new pioneer harness. If that doesn’t work, then I don’t know. 

Update: Issue resolved.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:03 AM, kbrkr said:

Are you sure the backup camera is getting voltage when in reverse?  Where did you check the power probe? at the camera wire in the rear?

Already solved the issue. It was indeed the camera not getting voltage... The weird part is I checked vehicle's factory wire and the maestro's wire using my power probe and both getting 6.5v. Then I checked the pin using my multimeter and was getting under 1v. So there was something wrong with the connection at the pins itself, but for some reason the wires on either side was still getting 6.5v. So I tapped into the car's camera power wire directly with the maestro's camera power wire (bypassing just that one pin) and it that solved the issue.