AVIC411.com

Device number shown as "----------------" on the screen - maestro will not connect

Hello to all,   I have spent all day trying to figure out why maestro I Data link is flashing red and steering wheel controls are not responding.  I contacted Crutchfield guys who later told me to contact Maestro guys.  Maestro technician asked me to go to the system information screen on the pioneer avic w8400nex and to confirm unit's serial number with the sticker on the radio,   and with my luck the serial number of the radio was not shown on the radios screen with all other information.    "DEVICE NUMBER - - - - - - - - - - - - "     so no numbers at all.  What is my next option please someone help me?

Thank you so in advance!  

On 6/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, bonee said:

Get into testmode and add device number

How do I do that?   And is it normal for brand new unit out of the box to have that problem? 

I really like the unit,  I had to return the one I ordered and do not want to order another one to find the same problem.

Thank you for advice!