AVIC411.com

Nex stereo issues with Factory rear view camera

First time posting, I apologize if this has already been addressed in a different section but my situation is fairly unique. I have purchased 2 nex4400 over the past 2 weeks because I have been unable to get the stereo to correctly work with my factory rear view camera. My vehicle is a 2018 Toyota Tundra.

The first nex4400 rear view camera would come on when I switched into reverse but would  not come on when I try to turn it on from the stereo while driving. (For towing purposes and etc.) I took stereo out and while messing with the wiring I did something which resulted with the rear view camera no longer coming on when in reverse.  Troubleshooting has included, numerous re checking of wiring and camera settings in the stereo,replacement of aftermarket wiring harness, temporary re installing factory stereo, temporarily installed 3 other aftermarket stereos with rear view camera inputs, and countless research.

To summarize this all up, upon installing each of the 2 nex 4400 units and having these rear view camera issues, I then temporarily installed the above stereos. All 3 aftermarket stereos and the factory stereo worked flawlessly and the rear view camera worked correctly.  Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this where it seems that pioneer is the only brand of stereo that won’t work properly in their vehicle? This has me completely stumped bc 4 other stereos work fine and bc of the fact that the rear view camera had initially worked at least when in reverse on the 4400. I would really like to keep this stereo but I have become so frustrated with this issue and have spent way to much time on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your response. The wiring harness that I am using is CRUX SWRTY-61N Radio Replacement with SWC & OE RVC Retention (for Toyota Vehicles 2012-Up). Unfortunately, I currently can’t provide a picture of all the connections bc I have at least temporarily disconnected and wired a different brand stereo to see how it works. Would much rather prefer the Pioneer though. Regarding the connections, I can tell you that I wired it per the directions except for connecting the parking brake wire. I initially had it grounded to the chassis but then opted for the micro bypass. I will likely try wiring it back up tomorrow, any suggestions regarding connections?