AVIC411.com

Universal Steering Wheel Control

So I bought this Universal Steering Wheel Control. I Have an AVIC-8200NEX. My Question is, Do I Need An Interface Or Can I Wire A 1/8 AV Plug To The Steering Wheel Control And Plug It Into The Remote Port? I'm Perplexed But Hoping It Can Be Added To The Headunit.

Thanks For Looking At This Tread!

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

I don't think it will work with just the 1/8 plug... get an aftermarket steering wheel control like SWI-RC. And wire it up. Red to red black to black. White to white and green to white/black. Program the Pac Module to version 8. And see if that works

ScratchyPDX It's a Chinesse Manufacturer and all the instructions are in Chinesse.

Bonee That sounds like the safe way to go Thank You. Wiring sounds right, But how did you pick version 8? 

This video ( not my video) might help some in the set up and interface.   

I thank both of you for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

You're on the right track Bonee. I taked to Pac Audio and the tech guy there said use the SWI-CP2. He said it works without problems as he had played with the same controler and the CP2 together with a Pioneer NEX.

The only problem i'm having now is ONE wire. On the steering wheel controler is an orange wire with a LED 12V flag. I'm thinking illiumination for the buttons. Orange to orange makes sence. Then i'm thinking on the CP2 maybe it's the 12V Accessory red/white wire? It comes down to One Wire,...Damn you Murphy and your Law. lol

31.jpg

Yeah, Neither of the wire photos show the illuminated wire harness. They're showing the non illuminate.  It's basicly the same set up but the next level up. Here is the steering wheel wire harness i'm working with. The LED 12V is orange.  No clue where it gets connected.

002.JPG

Orange to Orange on the wire harness. I bought this steering wheel control about a year ago, but I did find this on a new Ebay listing showing the (level 2 they call it) Illuminated controls.  Think i'm set. Thank you Bonee. Now I get to start putting the new radio in the car (Thank God).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg