AVIC411.com

NEX CARPLAY Problems

I have a customer with a AVH 1500NEX that is having carplay issues.  When she is plugged in using carplay for music and receives a call, she answers the call and when she hangs up the radio no longer has any rear speaker or subwoofer output.  There is no problem if she is using bluetooth for music only carplay.  We made sure the radio and phone are up to date with software.  We used another iPhone and it did the same thing.  Both phones are updated, a iPhone 10 and 8.  Called Apple and they said it was a Pioneer issue.  Tried another radio, same problem.  I went to my display and had the same issue with a MVH-1400 and a AVH-2500.  I have a AVH-4100 in my own car and it works fine on it.  Talked to technical and they are aware of an issue but had no solution at this time.  Just wanted to see if anyone else had any similar issues.  Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:31 PM, Redroller said:

I had the exact same issue.  I could get the rear speakers\subwoofer to work again by issuing any command using Siri.. Such as.. "What time is it?".    A firmware update to 8.10 fixed the issue for me.  

I did the update and it did not fix the issue.  Just got off the phone with Pioneer tech and they said they are still working on the problem.  They also said that they tried a beta version of the OS 13 update and it still had the problem.