AVIC411.com

All settings accessible except Bluetooth

3 hours ago, RonS said:

You might of read in that 2017 thread (or the Shortfuse thread), that the hack doesn't eliminate the password prompt during installation. It just shortcuts the password validation. You need to enter PASSWORDPASSWORD at the prompt. I have no idea why you can't enter anything with the touchscreen keyboard.

Don't rerun the ShortFuse hack. All the hack does is replace a couple files in the AVIC (after copying the original ones to the SD). Rerunning it just overwrites the original files on the SD with the ones you installed the 1st time. So this destroys the backup. Not necessarily a problem since the old files aren't needed. 

I won't be available any more tonight. 

I backed up the original files to my desktop just incase. I guess I'll first try downloading the 2015 update then see if that works and then try the v7 2017 update. Thank you

I see a lot of these posts where Bluetooth is a problem.  I guess I was lucky that didn't happen to me, but it might be less about luck and more about what I did.

I read a ton of threads on this site before I was brave enough to do any of the updates.  One thing that I read about was that you can have bluetooth issues if you just update straight to the latest version. What I did, and I don't have bluetooth issues, is I went through a progression of updates.  What I read is that one of the newer updates didn't have one of the fixes that one of the previous updates had and that was the problem with going straight to the newest bluetooth version.  Something about the firmware updates only replace just what it needs to and some bits from a previous update were no longer getting updated.

My system also showed version "---------------------" for bluetooth when I first installed it in my vehicle.  It's been so long now, I don't remember where I started at but I think it might have been the bluetooth from maps version 2010 or 2012 or even older that I started with, and then I did several progressive updates 2010->2012->2013->2015 and there might have even been an intermediate version update in there somewhere. I don't think bluetooth has been updated since then.  2013 and 2015 might even be the same version.

Just for posterity:  The bluetooth upgrade doesn't happen with the map update, you have to go into the menu system to the bluetooth page and select to update from there, so leave the SD card in. Also, you can update straight to the latest maps and that doesn't affect bluetooth in any way and no need to downgrade to older maps when you use the older bluetooth versions.

18 minutes ago, BlakeStone said:

I see a lot of these posts where Bluetooth is a problem.  I guess I was lucky that didn't happen to me, but it might be less about luck and more about what I did.

I read a ton of threads on this site before I was brave enough to do any of the updates.  One thing that I read about was that you can have bluetooth issues if you just update straight to the latest version. What I did, and I don't have bluetooth issues, is I went through a progression of updates.  What I read is that one of the newer updates didn't have one of the fixes that one of the previous updates had and that was the problem with going straight to the newest bluetooth version.  Something about the firmware updates only replace just what it needs to and some bits from a previous update were no longer getting updated.

My system also showed version "---------------------" for bluetooth when I first installed it in my vehicle.  It's been so long now, I don't remember where I started at but I think it might have been the bluetooth from maps version 2010 or 2012 or even older that I started with, and then I did several progressive updates 2010->2012->2013->2015 and there might have even been an intermediate version update in there somewhere. I don't think bluetooth has been updated since then.  2013 and 2015 might even be the same version.

Just for posterity:  The bluetooth upgrade doesn't happen with the map update, you have to go into the menu system to the bluetooth page and select to update from there, so leave the SD card in. Also, you can update straight to the latest maps and that doesn't affect bluetooth in any way and no need to downgrade to older maps when you use the older bluetooth versions.

I'm currently downloading the 2015 firmware and will try to install it soon. I could've tried making the jump to v7 2017 update but for some reason the keyboard was greyed out so I couldn't type in the password for v7 2017 update. The back arrow was responsive just the keyboard was greyed out at that screen.

3 hours ago, BluetoothCulprit69 said:

I updated to 2015 maps v6 and it updated successfully! I can now access bluetooth settings and my phone connected and I was able to play audio. Now I do not want to go through the headache of updating to v7 2017 because I may ruin the bluetooth or brick my unit. Thank you all for the help!

Great. There's no new features in 2017,  just more up-to-date maps (which might not be important in your area). I doubt you'll brick it, but sometimes weird things happen.