AVIC411.com

I have had an 8200 NEX for several months now and am generally happy with it. I'd be much happier if my Sirius signal never dropped out, but that's not a Pioneer issue. Anyway, every once in a while, maybe every couple weeks or so, the 8200 navigation software will not be able to pick up my current GPS location. The top of the screen simply reads "Looking for GPS signal" while the dots next to it continue to cycle back and forth and the map shows my last GPS fix. In the System Information, the GPS antenna shows as being connected ("OK"), but no satellites are detected. 

Any time I've had this issue, it does not correct itself during the car ride. About half of the time, it might start working 3-4 car rides later. The other half of the time, I've had to disconnect power to the 8200, let it sit for a couple minutes, then reconnect the power. (I recently was able to simply pull the fuse for the radio rather than pulling the entire unit out of the dash as I had done previously.)

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? 

• 1 month later...