AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 BTB200 and the stupid Treo 755p

Did a little research and did came up with only this on the BTB-200: it REQUIRES "Object-Push-Pull" (OPP) Bluetooth profiles in order to move phonebook entries between the radio and phone, whereas most headsets only require "Hands-Free" and "Headset" profiles. For those of you using stock Verizon phones, you can forget it, as Verizon strips their phones of OPP (most likely to prevent software piracy between phones by sharing ringtones etc).

To the point: Make sure your phone & service provider allow OPP on your phone or it won't pair with BTB-200.

While this was true previously, the sheer number of people seem editing thier phones, (or verizon coming to thier senses) has made it so that all newer verizon phones support OPP. They just wont let you transfer registered ringtones or pictures/ect with it.

They have even released firmware updates for most of thier older phones (specifically the V3M/C) to enable OPP as well. Download a pirated copy of PST and install the latest firmware!! Dont bother going to a verizon store, chances are they wont have/wont install firmware for (insert random arbitrary reason here) so just do it yourself....

MY V9m connects to it just fine. Its most likely (as stated previously) a problem with the phone hardware, not Verizon

Im not defending verizon, i hate thier policies and restrictions, but in this case, nowadays nearly all of thier phones support OPP when updated to the latest firmwares

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

I just happen to be searching Palms website this evening and came across an update for the 755p for Verizon (http://www.palm.com/us/support/download ... rizon.html). I do not have the D3, and the reason for not getting it was because the 755p did not work, therefore I cannot test it.

I just wanted to through this out there to any of you who may want to test it. Hope this helps.

I just wanted to give another update. I have an 06 Audi A4, and also happen to have the bluetooth option in my car. Prior to me doing the update I had an issues with the contacts appearing on my instrument cluster, to fix this I had to add my contacts to speed dial (favorites button).

When I did the update, I noticed that all my contacts were showing up, even the ones that were not in speed dial (favorites button). I removed all my speed dial contacts and tested and noticed that all my contacts showed up and I did not have to store any in speed dial (favorites button).

Hope that is clear enough and helpful.