AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 BTB200 and the stupid Treo 755p

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I was having the same problem with a Qtek9000 here in the Netherlands. Seems that it's not compatible with the D3. After a good search I tried Jetwarehandsfree Bluetooth software (search with google coz I don't have it anymore...) and it worked! Seems that a change of the bluetooth-stack made the difference. Good luck!

I too have a addiction for fancy phones and the fact of the matter is palm sucks in regards to bluetooth. It's such a great phone that it seems nuts that it doesn't work as well or at all compared to the cheaper non-smart phones. I have been looking at the other sprint phones offered and they just don't make anything that I like as much. So until there is a solid fix I just won't have bluetooth in my car. What a waste!

Frank

• 2 months later...

Did a little research and did came up with only this on the BTB-200: it REQUIRES "Object-Push-Pull" (OPP) Bluetooth profiles in order to move phonebook entries between the radio and phone, whereas most headsets only require "Hands-Free" and "Headset" profiles. For those of you using stock Verizon phones, you can forget it, as Verizon strips their phones of OPP (most likely to prevent software piracy between phones by sharing ringtones etc).

To the point: Make sure your phone & service provider allow OPP on your phone or it won't pair with BTB-200.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having almost the same problem with my TREO 755P but the AVIC-D3 reads the TREO & the phone does read the Pioneer BT Unit 2, but they just won't pair. The top of the screen on the AVIC keeps saying connection error! WHAT TO DO? I know the unit is working cause I did pair up a razor to the unit & it worked just fine.

Note that just because the phone supports a profile doesn't mean the service provider supports the profile. Most smartphones support a number of more advanced profiles for wireless internet, printing, file-sharing, etc., whereas basic flip-phones tend to only support mono HFP & HSP for using hands-free earpeices.

I am having almost the same problem with my TREO 755P but the AVIC-D3 reads the TREO & the phone does read the Pioneer BT Unit 2, but they just won't pair. The top of the screen on the AVIC keeps saying connection error! WHAT TO DO? I know the unit is working cause I did pair up a razor to the unit & it worked just fine.

Same here :( (both Verizon phones).