AVIC411.com

I have an interesting phenomena that occurs with my AVH-W4500NEX.  When connected wireless, running CarPlay,  and with Waze and a streaming audio such as Pandora or Spotify active, the unit will crash and reboot.  Oddly, it does this in only at one particular intersection along my commute route (that I have so far discovered).  The audio stream will begin to break up, the map will stop updating and then the Pioneer unit will crash and reboot.  Most times, my iPhone SE will reconnect but not always.  This happens in the same location regardless of which direction I am traveling.

I plan to play around a bit with shutting off one of the apps and see if things still progress in the same manner over the next few days.  I also plan to reach out to the local Waze map editors to see if there is anything unusual about that area.  Since it only happens there, seems reasonable to presume it has something to do with Waze as it typically occurs right around the same time it is giving me route guidance.  The unit runs flawlessly when connected via USB.  Also, the unit is factory with regard to firmware and has an iDatalink Rr unit connected for steering wheel controls.

I thought I'd throw this out to the community to see if there are any ideas/insights on this issue.  Seems really strange.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Charlie