AVIC411.com

Apple refurb. ipods

They would have to at least rewrite the firmware for the 5.5G to disable the tv out, and it might possibly take a hardware change. I can see no reason for them to do this, especially for a discontinued product, but I have a friend who got one just a couple weeks back. I can try it in my D3 when I see him just to be sure.

They would have to at least rewrite the firmware for the 5.5G to disable the tv out, and it might possibly take a hardware change. I can see no reason for them to do this, especially for a discontinued product, but I have a friend who got one just a couple weeks back. I can try it in my D3 when I see him just to be sure.

That would be helpful...thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just ordered one of the 80 gig refurbs on Friday also. Did so with antcipiation of eventually deciding on a double din head unit that could support both the audio and video in it.

That said, and I do realize this is an AVIC website, but does anyone think the D3 is the best choice to support basic music functions, occassional dvd, bluetooth and ipod music/video use? Nav would be least important to me.

I'm considering the Kenwood DDX8019 and the Clarion 675MaxII also because they seem to have integrated video support, but I'm still researching.

I like the looks of teh D3, but didn't know how it compared to other offerings out there if Nav is not that important to the buyer.

• 1 month later...

looks like if I want the functions of the AVIC-D3 to fully work with the ipod.. I'll just be buying their 80gig refurb for $189.. guess it ain't bad.. just I would have payed $250 to have got the new gen had it work properly.. I don't think I'll be carrying around a ipod much anyways. So the interface with coverflow doesn't really matter.

I just got mine in today.. I swear this thing has to be brand new! It's in perfect shape!

Btw I'm new to the whole ipod scene and all.. I see there are firmware/software updates available fro mine.. Is all the firmware updates for the 5gen fine and won't effect video playback on the Avic-D3?

You are fine. The only issues with video are on the 6th generations.

P.S. Mine seemed brand new too. Good stuff :!:

I just got mine in today.. I swear this thing has to be brand new! It's in perfect shape!

Btw I'm new to the whole ipod scene and all.. I see there are firmware/software updates available fro mine.. Is all the firmware updates for the 5gen fine and won't effect video playback on the Avic-D3?

• 2 weeks later...

6th gen doesn't output video to other devices. Not a big deal if you are only using it for audio

I am looking at a 6th Gen via eBay or the unknown version on Apple.com. The refurb 80Gb ones on Apple do not have a version listed.

What is the issue with 6th generation on a Z2?

Those that got the Classic 80GB via apple, what firmware was on it?

Thanks,

Mike