AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F940Bt F840BT Etc 2019

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Godzilla, hi All,

Quick intro: I am completely new on this site, but I was happy to have found this forum thread. 

I am helping out my 76-year old father with an outdated (2010/2011 maps/fw) AVIC-F930BT. In addition to that, in my own car I use an AVIC-F88DAB (great device as well, it includes 'lifetime' maps)

I also found and downloaded the 2017-map/fw update and RonS' instructions on the Shortfuse hack method, and will give that a try and share my experiences.

Then, I am highly interested as well in the 2019 map version. As such, and in order to appreciate your 'blood, sweat and tears' beforehand (believe me, I know where you're coming from, being a 'hard core techie' myself....), I've also just made a donation.

I hope that you'll be able to pick up work on this sometime soon in this crazy world we're living in right now, but please always mind your health before everything else.

Meanwhile, we should all patiently wait and hope that it will work this time around as well.

( Patience is a virtue which comes naturally to some, but not for the majority of people is my personal experience...  Haha, believe me, I know how to be patient: I've supported the Atari VCS through Indiegogo back in the spring/summer of 2018, and am hoping to actually receive the device some time this summer or late 2020 :-)) )

Last but not least, I would be more than happy to share my results (in text and pictures) on the upcoming 2019 update, as soon as the process is there to try it out that is, so that we can all benefit from it.

Perhaps I can even contribute to the technical thinking/execution process.  I'll keep an eye on this thread in any case...

In the meantime, take care/stay healthy out there !

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to this forum rjs. Please refer to the discussion between Rons and spoon1 dating back from 7/10/2019. There was some "unfinished business" there if I recall this correctly: spoon1 has indicated that he owned both the F40BG and an F10BT, and that he got the 2019 maps working on at least the first, but he hasn't confirmed back whether the same applied to the F10BT, as far as I can judge at least...

@spoon1 :

Can you please let us know whether or not you were successfull in using (one of) the cardinfo files that RonS provided on 7/10/2019 for the F10BT to get the 2019 maps working on that device ? 

If yes, my suggestion would be to get in touch with / team up with Godzilla on this  (since Godzilla aims for the same result) and also settle the efforts (costs/donations) between the two of you and share the 2019 maps with all of us (donors and non-donors).

If no, then that also provides valueable info, since we will then have to wait a bit more on Godzilla, which will hopefully do the magic :-))

@spoon1 

Thanks for your quick response and info !   It sounds more than logical and reasonable to me that you get compensated for your costs and efforts to make this work by the community.

It will also save Godzilla a bunch of work and will bring him 'into the shades and out of the sun' and have him concentrate on revalidation after the operation, which sounds better than having to focus on non-health threatening things like the latest Pioneer maps that we're all after here ....

@godzilla 

Does this sound like a sensible plan to you as well ?

Can you please let us know and contact spoon1 to forward/share any donations on behalf of all who donated to/with you ? Thanks !

11 hours ago, spoon1 said:

i also have maps europe 2018 for this model:

Pioneer AVIC-F50BT, F950DAB, F950BT and F850BT

i can give them now, no problem ..i have this maps since 6 mount ! and it's tested and perfect working without any problems

Maybe noob question, but about theese maps from 2018 for f50/850/950 you have, can we somehow "transfer" them for use with f10/20/920/9210/9220 or that is imposible?

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, spoon1 said:

why ?

for pioneer :  f10/20/920/9210/9220 i have 2019 maps ! i told you ..look same post before , please !

ablut to transfer 2019 (my2011 or my2010) into pioneer model: AVIC-F50BT, F950DAB, F950BT and F850BT it's not possible ..i tried but no works !

Ok thanks for the answer, and reason why is because you said they are free and you still need money for newest maps for f10/20/920/9210/9220 we will wait to see what happens in feature. Thanks

@spoon1: I agree, let's wait some more days for Godzilla to contact us for updates, and then take action accordingly depending on the outcome.  Thanks for being on top of this issue as well and providing your assistance. In the end, you're just trying to help out the community as well.

@godzilla: Can you please provide a 'sign of life'. I'm sure all will understand your situation, as long as you provide a quick status update about what's going on currently. Thanks !

Guy's,

I have more trust in spoon1, he's longer a part of this forum.

Godzilla is a seller on ebay by the name salsatnav             "paypal.me/salsatnav"

He sells a lot of software and password codes on ebay. so maybe it was nice to spend the money he earned with that to provide the software for free.

But he that's my thought,

57 minutes ago, Sjarrel said:

Guy's,

I have more trust in spoon1, he's longer a part of this forum.

Godzilla is a seller on ebay by the name salsatnav             "paypal.me/salsatnav"

He sells a lot of software and password codes on ebay. so maybe it was nice to spend the money he earned with that to provide the software for free.

But he that's my thought,

Thats clear and no secret. Please don't forget that this is how Godzilla introduced himself at the start of this thread. Also, there's nothing against having a business to make a living and combining that with forum activities to help out others. 

Again, let's wait a bit more (eg one week from now) to allow Godzilla to get back in touch, given the fact that spoon1 has offered his help (I am also prepared to help out with testing/making instructions etc). Depending on that we can determine the steps to further progress and complete this project

I see the following options currently:

1. Godzilla completes the project within a reasonable timeframe from now

2. Godzilla forwards the donated amount to spoon1 and spoon1 (eg with the help of others, eg myself) completes it

2 hours ago, mroset said:

Thats clear and no secret. Please don't forget that this is how Godzilla introduced himself at the start of this thread. Also, there's nothing against having a business to make a living and combining that with forum activities to help out others. 

Again, let's wait a bit more (eg one week from now) to allow Godzilla to get back in touch, given the fact that spoon1 has offered his help (I am also prepared to help out with testing/making instructions etc). Depending on that we can determine the steps to further progress and complete this project

I see the following options currently:

1. Godzilla completes the project within a reasonable timeframe from now

2. Godzilla forwards the donated amount to spoon1 and spoon1 (eg with the help of others, eg myself) completes it

Let's hope for that, it would be a shame if donators will lose there money.

Fingers crossed mroset

Ok guys here is the situation the card was ordered nearly three weeks ago according to the delivery status its sent. Its coming from the Netherlands and unfortunately the post office is running on a minimum staff due to the covid 19 situation. First class deliveries in the UK can take up to Ten days to arrive . The other point is the card is promised to the highest donator and i am not , not going to do that as i am good to my word , sure things have been hard my end with not only undergoing Chemo but the Spinal surgery, i am not putting this for pity but for understanding . I am hoping it may come this week and when it does the first thing i will do is load it to my google drive to share and then send the card as promised to the highest donator.

Thanks for your Understanding

Godzilla

Thanks for the status update Godzilla,

I have recently had the same experience with orders to be shipped from Amazon UK to NL (packages arriving up to almost 4 weeks late, and even a package not arriving at all, for which I received a refund last week since also amazon.co.uk now considers it 'missing in action'....).  Bottom line is that COVID-19 affects everything we do. The virus is completely indifferent to your background, location, religion and also how much money you own, so we're literally all in the same boat, and we'll simply have to wait it out and hope for the best...

Anyway, when it comes to the Pioneer maps, let's be patient while we wait for the package to (hopefully) arrive. 

And euhm, feel free to let me know if I can help out or reach out in any way, e.g. in the thinking process, comparing, testing, making instructions or otherwise, OK ? I am more than happy to help where I can.  I will at least share my experiences with regard to the AVIC-F930BT when I've reached the stage to try it all out, so hopefully others will be able to benifit from that knowledge.

Meanwhile, I wish you all the best and all the health in the world, as well as good luck with your recovery; there's (much) more important things in this world to worry about than those darn Pioneer maps....