AVIC411.com

w8500 compatible with samsung

I have been thinking of upgrading my z150bh to the 8500. Reading some reviews some have said this doesn’t work wirelessly with Samsung phones. Does this mean it doesn’t connect Bluetooth to calls or play music/audiobooks/podcasts?  Or just an android CarPlay issue ?  

I can always wait for the next flagship too, the z150 works ok for now, just some touchscreen issues I can still work around with. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, asd255 said:

support smartphone:

• Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+
  • Samsung Note 8, Note 9 and Note 10

https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en&ref_topic=6348027&vid=0-1388338257596-1523634367333

Thank you. I saw that, but also saw reviews on Amazon that their Samsung note wouldn’t connect. Probably user error then. 

• 2 months later...

I have a Samsung S10E and it works beautifully with 8500. Actually connects faster to this than to my old 8200. I use Pandora most of the time and with the 8500 the app doesn't have to be open. With a minute of starting 4runner pandora auto connects. I love using the Android Auto wirelessly too... just press the button. Disconnect... press button. Very nice.