AVIC411.com

AVH-W4500NEX Custom Background Size

Greetings! 

I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX head unit. I tried the DMH-1500 first but realized I needed to angle the screen for glare.

Anyway, I do love this radio. However the ability to create a custom background image that fills the entire screen is maddening!

I have tried every suggested resolution and sizing I could find online. No matter what I do, there is black bars at the top and bottom. --OR-- on the left and right. I can't find a size or resolution that makes the image actually take up the whole screen when being used as a background.

I regularly use Adobe Photoshop CC for work and am very experienced so I know that I have resized the images correctly. When I view images in USB mode, I have the option to stretch the image to fill the screen. But there is not an option to stretch an image when using it as a background.

Oddly I have discovered that when I make a custom image as the splash screen, it does stretch the image to fill the whole screen. But NOT for background. It is driving me crazy.

Does anyone have a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

After near endless attempts at various sizes...I found what works perfectly on my Pioneer W4500 NEX deck. It covers the entire screen with no black bars anywhere on the 6.94 inch display.

Your image needs to be: 1440 x 810 - Square Pixels - RGB - 72 dpi. 

Below are the steps to create this image (using Adobe Photoshop)

1. Create a NEW image in photoshop to those dimensions listed above. (File > New) Make the settings match what I have listed above. I have ansi attached a screen shot if what it should look like.

2. Separately, Open the picture (in Photoshop) you want as your wallpaper. At this point you will have two documents open.

3. Press Command+A (or control +A) to select the entire image.

4. Press Command+C (or Control + C). Now you have copied the image.

5. Return to the new document you created in step 1. Press Command+V (or Control + V) to paste in your image.

6. The image will appear and likely look huge. Use your mouse to resize so that it fits properly.

7. File > Save a copy & then save it as a JPG onto your flash drive.

8. Pop the flash drive into your stereo and select your JPG as your background. It should take up the entire screen.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 9.19.49 AM.png