AVIC411.com

AVIC-5200NEX bypass or not

Hey guys,

I had an AVIC-P90BT, and touch screen finally gave out, so I bought a used AVIC-5200NEX. Yes I have been researching this all day, and I am somewhat familiar with radios.

Works good, sounds good, but I am having the problems with the settings, where everything is greyed out.  My volume is also stuck on 12 on my ipod for some reason.

I have taken it off demo mode, hit the secret Bluetooth screen where it says "set on." I have grounded the parking brake cable into the ground of the harness itself, and I also attempted to shove it in my parking brake. I even tried the old method with grounding the mute line with the harness ground and parking brake line.

I have not spliced the parking brake cable yet though.

The harness is not factory I do not think as it is missing the reverse and dimmer wires (pink and / orange/white)

There is something very simple I feel like I am missing and I cannot figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

**Update**

I shoved my parking wire in my lighter outlet a couple times and now my radio works fine.

It will not turn on my amp though which still makes no sense. Wires are connected, and sub woofer is "on" in settings. no fuses blown.

• 4 weeks later...